Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fully agree, good thing I was courteous and did not attempt to insult him. Please forward my appreciation to Nick for rectifying the concern.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      I fully agree, good thing I was courteous and did not attempt to insult him. Please forward my appreciation to Nick for rectifying the concern.
      Sorry Josh I did not mean to make a blanket statement like that. I just know that some of the messages he got were most likely not too tackful, but I am sure some were. Anyway he is planning on going out there before work tomorrow to try and clean up the basket, so props to him I say.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

CALLED IT!!! I absolutely won't go easy on this guy when I run into him... of course I give everyone shit, but seriously... tagging the basket, and especially from the short pad... ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
          No need to send Nick anymore messages. He is planning on trying to clean up the tag, and is truly sorry. He is new, and did not know this was not accepted behavior. With all the tagging that goes on it only makes sense that a new player would think that is the thing to do. It is up to us as a disc golf community to educate people, and get the word out that this in not the proper etiquette. I think now Nick will be a part of the solution, and not part of the problem. Sometimes that is all it takes is to just inform people, and not insult people.

Cindy
          Well said Cindy!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
            I absolutely won't go easy on this guy when I run into him.
            What's the point? He's already apologized and is going to rectify the situation, which is more than most people would do. No sense alienating him more now.

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
              What's the point? He's already apologized and is going to rectify the situation, which is more than most people would do. No sense alienating him more now.
              I agree. This guy owned his mistake and has agreed to make it right. That is pretty rare these days, so I have to commend him for that.

Let's cut him some slack. It is the right thing to do.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                CALLED IT!!! I absolutely won't go easy on this guy when I run into him... of course I give everyone shit, but seriously... tagging the basket, and especially from the short pad... ugh...

It was from the short pad?!!? wow, great shot nick putz. maybe he should have written his name a little bigger so everyone can see how awesome he was at that 1 shot.
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                  It was from the short pad?!!? wow, great shot nick putz. maybe he should have written his name a little bigger so everyone can see how awesome he was at that 1 shot.
                  The distance from the pad is irrelevant. The basket should NEVER be signed.

Comment

I'm concerned that the tag is like cat spray. Even if it almost all comes off, the next tomcat will sense it, and mark it again. And then the next...
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm disappointed... all these messages about Nick Putz, and not a single one goofing on his last name?
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        I'm disappointed... all these messages about Nick Putz, and not a single one goofing on his last name?

well Sam has not been in this thread yet.....

and who knows maybe this forum is growing up

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          For those inclined to Facebook, check out the caption I used on the photo that started off the Nick Putz shitstorm.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                            and who knows maybe this forum is growing up
                            BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No, seriously. That's a good one.

Comment

Well said Cindy and I was just about to type the same thing. I know I have come accross people who are not informed and think it is common practice and acceptable to sign the baskets. They see many people doing it and assume its just a norm. This could be seen as one of those things that are on the fine line as there are no specific written rules set in stone. Most mistakes happen due to lack of education. Maybe more education on this subject matter should be discussed. Lets spread it around on why this is not acceptable and start informing others. Maybe a good subject to talk about at the upcoming Stumptown meeting and the like. I know when I have encountered people with this thinking I have told them why its a bad idea to do this and most people come back saying that they never thought of that before and don't plan to do it in the future.

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                              No need to send Nick anymore messages. He is planning on trying to clean up the tag, and is truly sorry. He is new, and did not know this was not accepted behavior. With all the tagging that goes on it only makes sense that a new player would think that is the thing to do. It is up to us as a disc golf community to educate people, and get the word out that this in not the proper etiquette. I think now Nick will be a part of the solution, and not part of the problem. Sometimes that is all it takes is to just inform people, and not insult people.

Cindy

Comment

I heard Nick went out to Lunchtime today and cleaned off the new basket.

Since he has apologized and followed through on his promise to clean it off, I'd like to be one of the first people to commend him on how he handled himself once this all came to light. He could have taken an entirely different path on this, but chose the right one... rather than the easy one.

PS: One last thing... I know we were all pissed off, and rightly so, but I think it would be pretty cool if we reciprocate by removing Nick's last name from the posts in this thread. As a mod, I could do this, but I'd rather see everyone do it themselves. Please?
                                Last edited by Bullseye; February 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X