X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    I would have no problem staying at Milo all year long and deterring people with paintballs to their throwing hand to stop this evil practice. Perhaps this is my ticket to finally move to Oregon...
    Sadly this is illegal too! You can't even have a sling-shot/wrist rocket in a state park...legally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
      I know how much work it takes to keep baskets clean, I burn through like 10 cans+ a year removing "basket tags" at my local course. within a few days they would be tagged up again, there is even rival clubs tags on our t-pad markers. I dont think going around and threatining fellow golfers with banishment is the right idea.
      This has nothing to do with a threat, IT'S ILLEGAL!!! Get that into your head.

Comment

I dont think going around and threatining fellow golfers with banishment is the right idea.
        ... and i would argue that perhaps it is exactly the right idea. when we as a community are banding together and donating our hard earned cashmoney, which for the most of us i would guess we are not exactly rolling in, to help purchase baskets and such for our courses, not to mention just the hours of volunteer time as well that some of these folks put in doing course work, i think it is time to get serious about this. we care deeply about our courses and more and more are moving towards the idea of real stewardship of these parks we use... instead of just posting a sign at the course or passing on the message, "hey, tagging isn't actually a tradition... most people sorta frown upon it..." but a sign saying, "tagging is vandalism and will be treated as such. perpetrators will lose their privilege to frequent this golf course," then perhaps we will make some serious headway in stopping this utter silliness. it's a ridiculous and entirely unnecessary practice.

someone else said it, too... right, we may not ever stop this entirely... but there's a lot of stuff out there that isn't going to ever stop... doesn't mean we shouldn't do everything we can...
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Sadly this is illegal too! You can't even have a sling-shot/wrist rocket in a state park...legally speaking.
          How about a wicked champion whippet sidearm to the FOURhead so sorry about the late call dont mind me while i sign OBJECT ace "duck or bleed" and then mark my territory if you know what i mean.Like most DAWGS do.

Comment

I got to play with some golfers that were from the mid-west, michigan I think, that were visiting here. When I got an ace I handed the first guy my disc and a sharpie and asked for a witness. These guys were so confused, saying "we don't sign the disc, we sign the basket." I told them its considered vandalism around here, again they were confused saying that they think that signing somebody elses ace plastic is considered rude. I asked how long most of them had played disc golf, they said that the youngest player has been huckin for about 6 years, so obviously they wern't rookies. So if you give a threat about banishment for signing the basket (vandalism) then that SHOULD BE POSTED ON A SIGN ON HOLE 1 IN BIG WORDS, or atleast very visable when entering the park and or course.
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

Revel in your ace, sign your friggen Disc, and move on.
              Basket thieves

Comment

I played at a course in TX that had a bulletin board near hole 1 that was designated as an ace roster. It actually seemed to work pretty well, people were still able to boast their aces for everyone else to bear witness, and (for the most part) kept the baskets from being vandalized... There were still a few douches that decided to tag the baskets, but when they got called out on their douchebaggery and directed towards the appropriate place to testify, it usually made them second guess their actions.

Comment

I got to play with some golfers that were from the mid-west, michigan I think, that were visiting here. When I got an ace I handed the first guy my disc and a sharpie and asked for a witness. These guys were so confused, saying "we don't sign the disc, we sign the basket." I told them its considered vandalism around here, again they were confused saying that they think that signing somebody elses ace plastic is considered rude. I asked how long most of them had played disc golf, they said that the youngest player has been huckin for about 6 years, so obviously they wern't rookies. So if you give a threat about banishment for signing the basket (vandalism) then that SHOULD BE POSTED ON A SIGN ON HOLE 1 IN BIG WORDS, or atleast very visable when entering the park and or course.
                  Do we need to make a list of all the things that it's illegal to vandalize or are baskets the only one you're struggling with? And how is it less "rude" to vandalize a basket that ISN'T yours, than signing a disc from a guy who asked you to sign HIS disc?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                    Do we need to make a list of all the things that it's illegal to vandalize or are baskets the only one you're struggling with? And how is it less "rude" to vandalize a basket that ISN'T yours, than signing a disc from a guy who asked you to sign HIS disc?!?!?

... and... are aces really that big of a deal, anyway?!?

sorry. i just had to say it.
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

That's kind of a good point. I mean, they're fun and all, but I don't even sign my discs. Disc golf aces are nowhere near as rare as ball-golf aces.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

They are so boring, I've only bothered to get one so far.

Comment

Ummm, 8 years, still waiting.
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I was playing in a big group of seven yesterday and didn't get an ace but I made a really sweet 50 foot putt. I was really proud of it so I pulled out the sharpie and wrote my name, date, pdga number, type of putter used including the color and weight, on the basket.

It took so long to write all this information on the baket that the group of 2 people behind us asked very politely if they could play through. Of course I told them to go F-off and just wait till I'm done. I don't think I offended the 14 year old girl and her dad.

I then threw my empty beer cans on the ground, cussed at a casual park user, watched my unleashed pit bull crap on the next tee pad, and finished my fun round.

Looking forward to my next round!
                            Last edited by LakeStevensBA; February 21st, 2012, 08:10 PM. Reason: added sarcastic font

Comment

Sounds like a full day.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                                I was playing in a big group of seven yesterday and didn't get an ace but I made a really sweet 50 foot putt. I was really proud of it so I pulled out the sharpie and wrote my name, date, pdga number, type of putter used including the color and weight, on the basket.

It took so long to write all this information on the baket that the group of 2 people behind us asked very politely if they could play through. Of course I told them to go F-off and just wait till I'm done. I don't think I offended the 14 year old girl and her dad.

I then threw my empty beer cans on the ground, cussed at a casual park user, watched my unleashed pit bull crap on the next tee pad, and finished my fun round.

Looking forward to my next round!

bad-ass!
                                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X