X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Baskets IS VANDALISM!!!

A while back we went into this on this board and some people argued that this was ok. Well folks, it definitely not OK.... EVER.

Once again, some idiot has tagged our freshly powdercoated baskets at Milo. First it was Robert Holowati, and now it is Mike Richards. I have never met either of these guys, but if you know either of them, please let them know that this is totally unacceptable.

Please, if you ever see people signing a basket, call the rangers so we can have these people banned from our courses. Enough is enough.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

so who are you to tell golfers they cant play at a course, because you didnt like their signature?? I understand its not cool, but you will never stop this EVER, sorry...
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
      so who are you to tell golfers they cant play at a course, because you didnt like their signature?? I understand its not cool, but you will never stop this EVER, sorry...

Comment

Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Ummm... Well Mikk, lets see... I am one of the guys who actually helped raise thousands of dollars to completely re-furbish and re-powdercoat all 36 of the baskets at Milo. I am one of the guys who completely disassembled the old baskets so we could replace the rusty old chains and crappy shallow baskets etc... I am also one of the guys who works with the parks department on a regular basis putting in 100s of hours every year improving the course itself. I am also one of the guys who runs the Beaver State Fling every year, so I take a lot of pride in that course and ,yes I do feel like something of a steward of the course.

Now, while you might think we will never stop this EVER, and you might actually be correct, I would argue that does not mean we should give up on trying to educate ignorant people.

Thanks for the absurd response though... It was extremely helpful.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Ring of Fire for the taggers!

Mikk,
            There are a lot of "who are you" peeps that would do this.
            If someone was to tag a basket at Whistlers while knowing MOST folks don't like it, this would get you more than just banned.
            The Whistlers Bend Misfits are not as nice as they appear to be.
            Perhaps we make signs letting folks know it's not too cool to tag and let them know the consequences.
            You are right in saying it will never stop. BUT, each time this comes up and us "who are you" folks plead our case, it just might make more peeps realize it's not cool.
            What if we took pictures of the crime scene and turned them into the 's?
            Yose
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

It's not who HE is, it's who the State Park Rangers are. They're the ones who can ban people from the park after having them ticketed and fined for destroying park property. Which part of "Signing baskets is vandalism" did you not undertstand?

So who are you to tell society we can't enforce laws and protect public property because people like to be stupid and destructive? As to the reasoning that it will never stop, so why bother trying..... "I understand that smashing your car windows and stealing your disc golf bag isn't cool, but you will never stop this EVER, sorry"... Now substitute this crime with any other less or more heinous act and see how your logic is working.

I'm assuming you don't vandalize baskets after you throw one of your many aces, Cubby...I mean, Mikk. If you do, now you clearly know how most dic golfers and all the people who spend countless hours working to provide courses for you to play on feel about it. If you don't - what's your f***ing point?
              Last edited by Matt B.; February 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                Ummm... Well Mikk, lets see... I am one of the guys who actually helped raise thousands of dollars to completely re-furbish and re-powdercoat all 36 of the baskets at Milo. I am one of the guys who completely disassembled the old baskets so we could replace the rusty old chains and crappy shallow baskets etc... I am also one of the guys who works with the parks department on a regular basis putting in 100s of hours every year improving the course itself. I am also one of the guys who runs the Beaver State Fling every year, so I take a lot of pride in that course and ,yes I do feel like something of a steward of the course.

Now, while you might think we will never stop this EVER, and you might actually be correct, I would argue that does not mean we should give up on trying to educate ignorant people.

Thanks for the absurd response though... It was extremely helpful.
                YEP

Comment

I would have no problem staying at Milo all year long and deterring people with paintballs to their throwing hand to stop this evil practice. Perhaps this is my ticket to finally move to Oregon...
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    I would have no problem staying at Milo all year long and deterring people with paintballs to their throwing hand to stop this evil practice. Perhaps this is my ticket to finally move to Oregon...
                    I'll pay for the paint balls

Comment

I'll pay for the paint balls
                      No need, I have thousands of them ready to use . Paying for the CO2 would help though
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

This topic definitely will be relevant to Lunchtime at this point. Not looking forward to people marking all over baskets for their <200' aces...

Comment

Excellent point Harrison, I will inquire about posting a note warning people not to do this... Perhaps, something about Sniper Scales in the bell tower...

Comment

Excellent point Harrison, I will inquire about posting a note warning people not to do this... Perhaps, something about Sniper Scales in the bell tower...
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I know how much work it takes to keep baskets clean, I burn through like 10 cans+ a year removing "basket tags" at my local course. within a few days they would be tagged up again, there is even rival clubs tags on our t-pad markers. I dont think going around and threatining fellow golfers with banishment is the right idea.
                              Hukin since 1992
                              DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X