Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf road trip to Portland...your favorite courses are?

A couple of friends and I from Spokane are planning on a disc golf trip to Portland at the end of May.

What are your favorite courses that we shouldn't miss out on?

Thanks ahead of time.

Must hit Pier, Horning's, Stub Stewart,Milo and Trojan, you pick the order. And even Dabney if you've got the time.
    Basket thieves

Comment

Thanks jeffmonty. This is exactly the kind of information we need. Anyone else have input? Agree, disagree? We will be in town 2 1/2 days so 6-8 courses is perfect.

What's the park course in town that has lights? I've played it before but can't recall. It's out toward Gresham somewhere.

Comment

The course you're thinking of is Rockwood, there are just enough street lights in the park to play after dark, though it should be noted that the park is considered closed after dark. As for courses, I think Jeff hit them on the head, I'd say Milo, Horning's, Pier, Trojan, Stub, Dabney in that order.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

1) Milo East/West (Estacada, OR)
          2) Timber (Estacada, OR) (Only due to its proximity to Milo)
          3) Horning's Hideout (North Plains, OR)
          4) LL Stub Stewart (Vernonia, OR) (Due to its proximity to Horning's, amazing wooded course)
          5) Pier Park (Portland, OR)
          6) Dabney State Park (Troutdale, OR)
          7) Trojan (Ranier, OR)
          8) Rooster Rock (Corbitt, OR)
          9) Shady Oaks - North Bonneville (North Bonneville, WA)
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353
          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Trojan's not for everyone; chances are you'll leave with fewer discs than you arrived with. It's also pretty far out of the way, whereas many other local courses can be combined into a single outing: Stewart/Horning's, McIver/Timber, Dabney/Rooster/Bonneville.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by fasterisbetter View Post
              A couple of friends and I from Spokane are planning on a disc golf trip to Portland at the end of May.

What are your favorite courses that we shouldn't miss out on?

Thanks ahead of time.
              Also FYI The Rose City Open will take place at Pier Park May 28-29, so plan your visit there around those days when the course will be closed to the public. Or better yet, PLAY IN THE RCO!

Comment

I think it would be hard to hit all of the courses listed above with quality time in 2 1/2 days. I'd probably spend a day at Horning's (and maybe a side trip to Stub), a day at Milo (and maybe a side trip to Timber) and a 1/2 day at Pier.

Comment

I just spent a whole day at Horning's' (4 rounds). Definitely worth a day!
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X