X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Got That Right (Lynard Skynard)

Okay, who has the right to change/alter a disc golf course design?

*note*
    My intentions are for a positive rap!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Anyone who wants to change a layout of an existing course should contact those who installed, maintained, etc all stakeholders should be informed. Having an event with portables with the new layout on the course would give a real test to the design. Many courses could use improvement over time with tree losses or environmental wear and tear. if at all possible each hole should have two distinct fairways to let the vegetation recover on the fairway not in use. Also each hole should have defined Barked or gravel pathways.

Comment

public imput

When the time came for changes at Riverfront DGC in Roseburg, we (all stakeholders) put up flyers stating some possible changes and asked the community for feedback.
      While we didn't please all, most "feed-backers" felt good to be part of it.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Great points. As far as good practices go, it would be a Best Management Practice to have some public awareness of who is the current managing "Steward" of the course design.

For most courses, this would be a simple statement at the course kiosk if one exists. It may give credit to the designer/installation team, but it may also list who is the maintaining entity when it comes to course design. (They could be the same, or different) Could be a club, organization, could even be a parks dept. for that matter. It'd be great to thank prior work party volunteers on the kiosk too, maybe near to this statement to demonstrate that a stewardship group is actively managing and thinking about maintenance issues whether its obvious or not.

Clearly stated somewhere is waaaayyy better than having to tell someone who asks "I dunno...I think I heard that if you want to talk about changin' stuff, you have to talk to a guy named "Donnie" or "Dan" or something... I think he drives a blue van..."

Comment

I know, I know, everyone hates the local news paper here in Doug Co. Most papers allow free add for this type of meeting. However; the news review charges $10.00 a day with a 3 day minimum (go figure).

Such as "Lawson Bar Disc golf course improvement assoc meeting give date, time, and location.
          sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X