X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• report: course conditions in the Seattle area

I played at North Park yesterday while the snow was still coming down, and it was a very enjoyable round except for the slick tee pads which made every drive feel claustrophobic and pretty frustrating. all the snow is still sitting here, iced over, in the north end of town, so I assume N. Park will be worse today...

just wondering if anyone could comment on snow conditions at other courses around town. hoping to play lakewood, but only if I'll be able to throw real tee shots and the fairways aren't plastered with re-frozed snow melt. any word?
    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Played Lake Stevens yesterday and it was in beautiful shape. The three bowl holes (1, 18, 19) may not be playable though due to dozens of sledders. Skip these if there are kids around.

Once you get into the woods, there is some snow but not too bad thanks to the tall firs. However a day's worth of snow seems to come out of the trees all at once and usually when there is someone standing under them. Makes for good laughs when it's not you....

Comment

I, too, am curious about the conditions of some of the courses in the area. I am an east-sider that will be heading that way this weekend. My wife has a conference all day Saturday and I hope the weather is nice enough over there to let me get some disc in. Spokane is supposed to get hammered over the next couple days so conditions here are going to suck it, seems like the west-side is supposed to warm up. I don't mid rain though. Anyone know what the best and closest course to Seattle Children's Hospital is? That is the area that I will be in. The place I am staying is in Renton and I think SeaTac is closest to there. Anyone know how SeaTac is looking now?

Comment

Auburn got nailed with snow, but now its mostly gone. I took out my broom and cleaned the
        t-pads on monday. I didnt go today just waiting until the morning to see...
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

if you live under a rock, stay there its totaly f$%%$ out!!
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

I guess White River got totally thrashed by the snow/ice/wind combo. I need to go back there to find my blue champ leopard, but apparently the park is closed due to the downed trees.

Comment

Loutsis in Carnation fared OK but there's a lot of deadfall in the cedar grove and one tree did come down. Rolly posted on FB yesterday that Seatac took a beating: the laurel on #2 is trashed and #s 10 and 15 will apparently never be the same. He wrote that the trees on the left side after the ridge got wasted.
              Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Silver Lake is juicy but playable.
                A large branch has fallen on the main power wire running to the arena, partially blocking the fairway on #5. The wire is LIVE, and the branch could easily short it to the ground, so please be careful.
                Best option until they clear it is to use an alternate place to tee off from.

Comment

Praise god if seatac is easier! Hope to hit the acepot tomorrow. My only aceable holes are 1, 5, 10.
                  www.rewindb.com

Comment

By hit I mean participate in. Hard to say with the weather. I might just do a little puss round at NP and go watch Foosball!
                    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Seatac was hit pretty good too.. hole 2 is very aceable now, the laurel is broken and weighted down.. hole 10 is a mess, not impossible, but not as it once was.
                      "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                      PDGA # 42821
                      Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Terrace Creek looks fine.
                        This surprised me, being it's one of the most wooded and hilly courses in the area.

Half of the large alder tree that makes up the mando on #4 has fallen down. It fell towards the basket, but does not pose any issues, and the part with the ribbon still remains upright, so the mando still plays.

One other tree down on #15 to the right, but it does not block the approach to the pin at all.
                        The pavers for #15 tee are a little sunk, and partially covered with a dirt pile, but nothing serious.

All in all its good to go.

Comment

White River is still closed. The pak inspector has not checked it out, for safety. The park is a real mess, it is playable but the parking lot is closed....the attached pic is of hole 9...
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

Riverside is closed till further notice. Lots of dangerous leaners and hangers. The county has no estimate when they can come clean-up. Gate is locked.

Comment

Lake Stevens is open and playable. Still lots of limbs down, but the tee boxes, fairways, and basket areas have been cleaned up. There are a few trees blocking the paths, but nothing too difficult to climb over. We pulled a few widow makers out of the branches. Keep a look out for the ones still there. It looked/looks like a war zone in there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X