Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in playing in a League based at Shelton Springs? I thinking about putting one together would be nice to know if anyone would show up, or what would entice folks to show up.

All though I do have a question for Chuck. It looks like you guys are asking TDs to use the same layout for the courses but in the same breath allowing the use of different courses in a league. This brings and issue up for me because I would love to run half our league events on our Red course and half on our Black course. These course are differentiated by two completely different sets of tees and in many cases different fairways only finish at the same basket. The Red course is par 60 5600ish FT with an SSA around 52-53, while the Black is par 63 8000ish FT SSA around 59. If I call one the Red Course and one the Black course could I get away with playing the different "layouts" (even though many might call them different courses)?
    sigpic

Comment

You may use different courses and different layouts on the same course as long as you only use one layout or course on a specific league day. The only thing leagues must avoid is some divisions playing Red and some playing Black on the same day.

We know it's okay to have different divisions playing different tees in a weekend tournament because each player stays in the same division for all rounds. However, many league players will enter two or even three different divisions over the span of a league. If different divisions were allowed to play different tees on some league nights, it would become an admin challenge to try and keep track of what courses what player played each week to calculate official ratings. So for now, all players need to play the same layout on a specific league night.

Now, if your league is big enough and you play several courses with multiple tees like they do in Pittsburgh, you could sanction two separate leagues who play at the same time. In one league, the Advanced and Pro divisions always play the long tees. In the other league, the Intermediate and lower divisions all play the short tees. This would be the way to allow different layouts on the same night since the scoring paperwork would be kept separate in each league for ratings. Players would still be able to switch between leagues if they wish where some nights an Intermediate might want to play Advanced a few times.

Comment

Ah, Ok, great thanks for the clarification.
        sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X