X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Goals for 2012

So it's that time of year again. Time to think about what you want to do with your disc golf next year. Here are some of my goals.

1.) Stop self destructing in tournaments. This was a goal last year, I didn't accomplish it. It's number 1 this year. No more playing a phenom round followed by a crappy round. Consistency.
    2.) Improve my circle putting. This year I finally started to show some non streaky good putting. This time next year, I'm going to be at 7/10 from circle's edge. Everything else better be 9/10.
    3.) Run a fun and challenging tournament. I don't care if it's sanctioned or not. There are so many people that are willing to bitch about what a T.D. does with their tournament but so very very few that are willing to actually try running one. I figure it's high time I put my money where my mouth is.
    4.) Shoot a thousand rated round. I've come very very close before but never thrown an 'official' 1000 rated round. I've shot a lot of 1000 rated rounds during casual and practice rounds. It's time I get one during a tournament.
    5.) Teach more people what disc golf is all about. I got quite a few people into it this last year. I'm going to get even more this upcoming year.
    6.) Help the local clubs get more courses into the Spokane Valley. The SDGA has the right to Sekani, now they just have to get it prepared. I will do anything I can to get it in the right way the first time.
    7.) Play in at least one the following three tournaments (although all three would be preferred). Beaver State Fling, Zoo Town Open and Fort Steliacom Open.
    8.) Not lost a single disc due to thrower error. Yeah, good luck huh...

I'm sure that if I thought about it, I could think of at least a dozen more. What about everyone else?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

1) Follow Stuart around at tournaments and make sure he blows up. Yell "you will not make this shot, jackass!" right before he throws.

That is all.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
      1) Follow Stuart around at tournaments and make sure he blows up. Yell "you will not make this shot, jackass!" right before he throws.

That is all.
      New goal. To watch out for Parks and a Volkswagon Bug on the fairway.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Not suck as bad.
        Score better.
        Be cooler.
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          Not suck as bad.
          Score better.
          Be cooler.
          +Visualize a blue balloon and a three-legged dog.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

1. Develop new courses in the Eugene area starting at Alton Baker Park.

2. Get more distance and confidence with my left hand off the tee. Develop these shots into my tournament arsenal.

3. Stay healthy on the course mentally and physically.

4. Play 7-9 of the premier events to the best of my abilities.

5. Run tournaments, clinics, leagues and local events to boost support for new players.

I could go on but these are just a few....in no particular order regardless of the numbers......lol

Merry Christmas everyone!!
            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

1. Make it to Pro/AM Worlds in Charlotte NC in 2012, and make a run at a World Championship in FM1.
              2. Get my first 900+ rated round. I was hoping to do that this year, but alas I kept coming just a bit short.
              3. Get my PDGA rating to over 850.
              4. Put on an amazing Chick Flick 2012. This will be our 5th year folks can you believe it.
              5. Find some more distance on my drives. I would love to break the 300 mark on a consistence basis.
              6. Become a more consistent putter.

Cindy
              Last edited by LegoRules; December 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM.
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

1 - Shoot a 1020 rated round
                2 - Shoot a 1000 tournament
                3 - Get my rating over 980
                5 - Be confident from 40'
                6 - Place top 3 - Pro
                7 - Top 30 in Oregon - Pro
                8 - Top 800 in World - Pro
                9 - Play in the USDGC

These are some pretty lofty goals, but that's what they have been for the past few years and I've managed to reach all of those.
                Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

1. It may not sound disc golf related, but spend more time working on general fitness. The idea is to be able to play disc golf for a long time. My back hasn't been feeling good and my brother (of similar age and activity level) severed his achilles tendon 3 months ago. My dad severed his a few years ago and I don't want it to be my turn. "Spend more time" is too generic, so I'll say run a 5K with out stopping, and be able to do 10 pull-ups in a row.

2. Now that my kids are getting older, it should be easier for me to practice more. The last two years, my ratings goal has been to maintain. This year it will be to improve. I think 965 is achievable.

Comment

My goals are to get the back back 9 in at Seatac, and the back 9 in at Silver Lake.

And improve on my roller approach shot so I can park em like Feldy does.

Comment

To play in at least 5 tourney's with my wife Susie.

((AND, HELP STU,General Scales with his #3))
                      Last edited by tomw; January 29th, 2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

1) Help Gwillim with Canby course

2) Help make Blue Lake happen in 2012

3) Practice putting weekly

4) Place in the top 5 Intermediate at a sanctioned tournament.
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353
                        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                          1. It may not sound disc golf related, but spend more time working on general fitness. The idea is to be able to play disc golf for a long time. My back hasn't been feeling good and my brother (of similar age and activity level) severed his achilles tendon 3 months ago. My dad severed his a few years ago and I don't want it to be my turn. "Spend more time" is too generic, so I'll say run a 5K with out stopping, and be able to do 10 pull-ups in a row.
                          Best goal I've seen. My disc golf game suffers greatly when I don't get enough other types of exercise to keep my body balanced.

Be careful jogging if you have achilles problems, unless of course it makes them feel better.

Swimming all last winter helped greatly with my ankle and achilles problems. Also helped my pull ups and shoulder issues more than anything else I've tried.

My disc golf goals for 2012 are:

*Continue to improve my technique so I can play this game when I'm an old man.

*Continue to slowly increase my player rating so I can fool myself into believing I have not yet plateaued.

*Donate more money to the professional division in the form of entry fees and cash in at least one pro field.
                          Read this ^

Comment

To simply play more !!

Comment

1. Further improve my putting within 15-50 ft.
                              2. Stop throwing careless ob's/Stop being greedy.
                              3. Stay calm/confident and in control of my game.
                              4. Improve and lengthen my side arm drives.
                              5. Decide which high speed over stable driver I like and commit too it.
                              6. Sell off my thrown twice un-used plastic. I have way too many disc's.
                              7. Shed the extra pounds/exercise and play more.
                              8. Compete in five B tier and above tournaments and at least one major.
                              9. Raise my player rating by 37 points.
                              10. Earn an invite to the 2013 World Championship.

11. Always remember the immortal words of the late Johnny Roberts: "Play Well, Play Fair, Have Fun."

*These goals are all attainable*
                              Last edited by maynard; January 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X