Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careful on the roads when you are driving....

This morning we were driving to Horning's Hideout and about a mile before we got there, we were going around a corner and hit black ice and immediately were off the road going through tree branches and knocking over fences and poles. Now my buddy is out a truck for a week or so while it gets fixed. Be careful out there and slow down. Not even 5 minutes later, another truck comes around and does the same thing but is able to catch itself inches from going off the road and hitting us. The police came and slipped as well. They said they have been reporting to black ice all morning. Then the tow truck comes and says we are not the first black ice customers today.
    Be careful! Slow down! Especially on the road to Horning's Hideout, the speed limit is NOT 55! Be safe y'all!

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    This morning we were driving to Horning's Hideout and about a mile before we got there, we were going around a corner and hit black ice and immediately were off the road going through tree branches and knocking over fences and poles. Now my buddy is out a truck for a week or so while it gets fixed. Be careful out there and slow down. Not even 5 minutes later, another truck comes around and does the same thing but is able to catch itself inches from going off the road and hitting us. The police came and slipped as well. They said they have been reporting to black ice all morning. Then the tow truck comes and says we are not the first black ice customers today.
    Be careful! Slow down! Especially on the road to Horning's Hideout, the speed limit is NOT 55! Be safe y'all!
    Good reminder, Snap!!!!! Tis the season!

Bob

Comment

yikes!!! i am sorry that happened to you. emma and i live out in this neck of the woods so we deal with this every morning in the winter. major reminder to everyone coming to the slosh out there this weekend. be very careful on the road going up there. as Bob H. said in another thread--the road can be nice and dry until you go around a shady curve and then you hit ice. you might want to plan an extra 5 to 10 minutes to drive slowly up that road.

Comment

oh, nathan!!! sounds like everyone is okay, tho? and this explains why we didn't see you out there, i guess...

boooo! to black ice.
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

we played the monster because I have never played a practice round on it... then we went back home while plenty of daylight left... he was soooooo bummed... felt so bad but he did save our lives, most amatuer drivers would have totally messed up and hit a tree.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X