X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Disc Golf League

Hello, Im trying to put together a group of people in the Seattle and the surrounding areas who would like to take portable baskets to places that don't have courses and set up our own and play. We would adhere to all rules of public places and no destruction of public or private property. I have 1 basket right now that could be set up in a central placement and have the tees in surrounding are or move the basket after each hole? I would eventually like to find others with portable baskets to join the group so we can make more challenging course layouts with less moving of the baskets. You can contact me at urbandiscgolfleague@gmail.com if you are interested. I also started a Facebook page for "members" to join called Urban Disc Golf League. Eventually I would like to get tshirts that members could purchase or get as part of a members package when they join but that is down the road a bit, want to get members built up first. I also would like to get a weekly dbulz and/or some kind of monthly tourney going? Hope to hear from some of you.

May the course be with you.

Any cool locations you already have in mind?

Comment

I have a basket, its regulation/full size but easy enough to move around. I'm located in Auburn. I have been thinking that this would be fun. Just gota scout out some areas.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

We played urban object golf at the capitol campus in Olympia before we ever had a course here. It was really cool! All of the landscaping, manicured "fairways", OB's, and water hazards.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea StrangeOne... I would definitely be interested and have 2 travellers, 1 skill shot, and a M-14. I have a few places in mind, including the North Seattle CC campus on Sunday evenings, where Mike Wagner came up with the 'Urban' course-- great obstacles, elevation shots, and unique targets. This 'event' was once an every Sunday get together for a tight-knit group of dg'ers, and has all but faded away. I've also been told of a UW course that you could only use a putter for, in order to prevent injury/ property damage.
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

what about woodland park?? I was told there used to be a course there, but it was taken out?? I have been riding through areas on my mt.bike that has realy cool elevation changes. However I dont know if throwing discs in woodland park is a good idea, there is alot of people in the park. I have thrown there with a putter tho and used the trees for targets. Lots of fun!
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

There is an 18 hole tree course that still gets played periodically, and the Pretzelbowl has been set up there twice. There's never any issue with pedestrians-- we always just wait for people to pass by, and send spotters on any blind shots. It would be a great place to set up a temp course.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I have a skillshot as well and am ALWAYS down to play a new course. I might know of some places to play too.
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

This Thursday could be prime time to play where you never thought possible...

Comment

The moon?!!!!!!!
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Great suggestions

All of the suggestions sounds great I set up a 9 hole center pin placement up at Shoreview Park in Shoreline behind the CC this week and tried to work another 9 out in the wooded part but it needs some work. I am going to try to get the whole 18 figured out by this coming week and set up another round there. I would just need to know from everyone else what days and or times are good. I know I wont be able to work around everyones sched but I will do my best to set up the rounds on the days and/or times when the most can play. If everyone that is interested would email me at urbandiscgolfleague@gmail.com that would be great. Then I will have everyone in the address book so I can email out the dates and places for possible rounds. Thank you for all the interest.

Comment

Weekends. Preferably saturdays.
                        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

We have an object course in Discovery Park we have been playing for 20 years. Were playing skins there tomorrow @ 10am Its a Thanksgiving tradition. We cant let in any pros or players rated over 950. Sorry but its a bunch of people that might only play 1 time a year. PM me if your interested. Its a 20 buck buy in.
                          www.rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X