Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked up over 100 bottlecaps one week last month at pier, then 50 more this week...
    and another 30 at vance and maybe 10 or twenty at rockwood , so people are drinking
    i guess its just my karma, and i dont like a messy course.

Comment

So you picked up half the bottle caps this week at Pier that you picked up in a week at Pier the previous month.

Next week, are you only going to pick up 25 at Pier? Why do you hate disc golf?
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by KrautBurner View Post
        but you voted for "absolutely none, violators will be flogged !!!"
        just as that option was meant as a JOKE, so was my response choosing it. Chill

Comment

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
          i picked up over 100 bottlecaps one week last month at pier, then 50 more this week...
          and another 30 at vance and maybe 10 or twenty at rockwood , so people are drinking
          Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
            Many folks who claim to hate litter and always clean the parks don't think twice about throwing butts and caps on the ground. Apparently that's not really litter.

Like the knuckleheads who attempt to hide their beer cans at the base of a tree or cleverly hide it in a small opening. Apparently it's not litter if it's semi-hidden.

Comment

My favorite littering of any substance is people who throw garbage at the base of the garbage cans. Like it's okay because it's around the area that it should be in.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

That's usually indicative of garbage cans being full and stuff overflowing onto the ground.

Which is indicative of a problem with the attitude of disc golfers and park users in general.

Here's something to try: if you see someone throw trash on the ground, walk over there and pick it up in front of them. You might make a positive impression with those people.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

... i don't always find myself agreeing with mr. parks ... but in this case...

a while back at pier we were playing hole 4 and noticed a fellow stash his big ol' 22oz bottle at the base of a tree... we discussed amongst ourselves that perhaps he was just setting it there while he teed off and i said, "if it's still there when we get there... i'm totally going to give it back to him."

sure enough, we got to hole 7, there was the bottle, but luckily he and his buddies were just teeing off on 9... i jogged myself on over and tried to quietly and sneakily like a ninja just put the bottle in his bag, but his buddies totally blew my cover with their tiny giggles... he turned around & caught me red handed and i was like, "dude, you totally forgot this over at hole 7, i just thought i'd run it over so you didn't have to go back for it."

... this fellow now makes a huge point of recycling his bottles in front of me... who knows what he does when i'm not around, but at least it worked a little bit... and now he knows... i'm always watching...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

a while back at pier we were playing hole 4 and noticed a fellow stash his big ol' 22oz bottle at the base of a tree... we discussed amongst ourselves that perhaps he was just setting it there while he teed off and i said, "if it's still there when we get there... i'm totally going to give it back to him."

sure enough, we got to hole 7, there was the bottle, but luckily he and his buddies were just teeing off on 9... i jogged myself on over and tried to quietly and sneakily like a ninja just put the bottle in his bag, but his buddies totally blew my cover with their tiny giggles... he turned around & caught me red handed and i was like, "dude, you totally forgot this over at hole 7, i just thought i'd run it over so you didn't have to go back for it."

... this fellow now makes a huge point of recycling his bottles in front of me... who knows what he does when i'm not around, but at least it worked a little bit... and now he knows... i'm always watching...
                    I was there, and that was so totally awesome!!

I had a soccer buddy who would pick up cigarette butts when people tossed them, and give them back saying I think you dropped this. It was so funny, but I would personally not be so keen to pick up others cigarette butts.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

I didnt even vote, because all of the options for the poll are negative option.
                      not a balanced poll.
                      my 2 cents

Comment

Good story, well done! However, I will say that this "move" is easier to execute as a female. I saw the same exact undertaking result in a fight between two males. Just sayin. Although I would like to educate a person who liters freely, I usually find it easier to pick up the trash myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                          Good story, well done! However, I will say that this "move" is easier to execute as a female. I saw the same exact undertaking result in a fight between two males. Just sayin. Although I would like to educate a person who liters freely, I usually find it easier to pick up the trash myself.
                          i almost added the disclaimer: i can do this because i am totally adorable
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

i almost added the disclaimer: i can do this because i am totally adorable
                            agreed.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X