Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play on these baskets on a regular basis and I think they're a very good basket. They're not too rough on spit outs or blow thru's either. Overall I'd rate it one of the better baskets I've used. If you wanna use one go to molalla or give me a free day and we can try to use the local ones.
    According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
      Nice marketing move. The picture implies these professionals are backing the basket design.

Are there any reviews up about them and a comparison with similar style baskets?
      No formal reviews yet. They're pretty new. They're made in Gresham. Disc Golf Depot has a few of them in the shop on display.

I think they catch really well. They are very rugged and over built. They have a smaller center pole diameter to reduce bounce backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
        They have a smaller center pole diameter to reduce bounce backs.
        I thought I could make that out in the picture.

---------------------------------------------------

We just had a three inch branch land on top of the 11th basket, a Chainstar. It's pretty badly bent. I'm waiting for the next golfer to show up to help me try prying it, coming at it from two sides at once. Me, pulling down, and the other guy prying up. I think it should come back, but it will probably lose some zinc in the process.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I am the owner of bentley baskets. The real reason they are not aproved yet is due to a recent change in pdga's technical standards. These new standards changed the maximum size of gaps. I have and to my knowledge am the only or few that has conformed to these new standards. A basket is being sent to the pdga next week for aproval. As far as looking like a flat top mach v. Take a look at a mach 3 and look at mine. U will see a slight comparison with as i feel a better chain layout and a cage that is my own.

Comment

For the bent chainstar... i would advise taking the top off and bending it back to shape with proper equipment and anywhere the zinc or galv finish is compromised a healthy coat of a hammerite should be applied. I would be willing to assist in this if needed.

Comment

One more thing... my baskets are made in Aloha right outside of Beaverton, not gresham.

Comment

Originally posted by BentleyBaskets View Post
                For the bent chainstar... i would advise taking the top off and bending it back to shape with proper equipment and anywhere the zinc or galv finish is compromised a healthy coat of a hammerite should be applied. I would be willing to assist in this if needed.
                Well, I would like to thank the famous Rich of Riverside for the help yesterday in straightening the top. The zinc fared pretty well. A couple of welds cracked pulling it back in line, but nothing that would threaten the structural integrity for some time. The bend was pretty extreme and the basket did have to be pulled out and disassembled and then set up for some big leverage. A little pounding at the anvil was needed too.

BTW, thanks for the offer.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X