X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littering....

I know this probably comes up every so often, but for all you guys who bring tall boys out on the course and just throw them anywhere: It looks like crap. Every time. I'm sick of bringing bags to clean up after you.
    It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Originally posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
    I know this probably comes up every so often, but for all you guys who bring tall boys out on the course and just throw them anywhere: It looks like crap. Every time. I'm sick of bringing bags to clean up after you.
    ... but other types of bottles and cans are cool? it's just the tall boys that are a problem for you?

... it is a serious problem and totally reflects poorly on all of us as a community... just like tagging baskets... the more we get the word out hopefully the more people will get on board with keeping our courses clean and beautiful...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

A good rule to live by "Pack it in! Pack it out!"

or

Use garbage receptacles whenever available!

Leave our parks cleaner than you found them...Leaving bottles, cans, etc behind is disrespectful and leaves a poor image of disc golf.

I prefer to enjoy the beauty of our disc golf courses in their natural setting!

Be a responsible park user!

Comment

I once threw a beer can at the guy in front of me who put it there on the ground to be left behind as litter... He got mad, I signed that I was Deaf... He cursed in his own frustrations and hopefully never littered again... He should have been glad it wasn't glass...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          I once threw a beer can at the guy in front of me who put it there on the ground to be left behind as litter... He got mad, I signed that I was Deaf... He cursed in his own frustrations and hopefully never littered again... He should have been glad it wasn't glass...
          Like!
          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            I was following a log truck one day along Young's Bay, inside the town of Astoria, of all things, when the driver tossed out two two liter pop bottles of piss through the right side window. I had a CB in my car and immediately keyed channel 17 and said, "nice throw on your bottles of piss," and read back his license number to him. He was right on the radio trying to explain that he'd never done that before and would never do it again. Okay, whatever. I followed him for another mile or so, just for fun.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I don't think you're going to find many tall-boy tossers on the forum here. With that said, a more constructive approach might be to ask for help (from those of us that do give a hoot) in picking up the trash that does get left on the course(s). I'm not going to sit here and say that I pick up every bit of rubbish that I see on the course, but I won't just walk by a candy wrapper or beer can that's in my path. I know for a fact that too many disc golfers will just pass on by, leaving the eye-sore for someone else to pick up.

The late Ralph Williamson, a NW Disc Golf Legend, picked up trash in every round of golf that I played with him. His diligence (to keep the course clean) rubbed off on me a bit, and I have made an effort to pick up trash on every course that I play.

While the tallboys do stick out a bit more, have you ever noticed how many cigarette butts are scattered around? For years, my friend Mike Wagner has picked them up at North Park in Seattle using a 'grabber' tool. His daily efforts to rid the course of cig butts proved futile, as the reinforcements just kept coming.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                I don't think you're going to find many tall-boy tossers on the forum here. With that said, a more constructive approach might be to ask for help (from those of us that do give a hoot) in picking up the trash that does get left on the course(s). I'm not going to sit here and say that I pick up every bit of rubbish that I see on the course, but I won't just walk by a candy wrapper or beer can that's in my path. I know for a fact that too many disc golfers will just pass on by, leaving the eye-sore for someone else to pick up.

The late Ralph Williamson, a NW Disc Golf Legend, picked up trash in every round of golf that I played with him. His diligence (to keep the course clean) rubbed off on me a bit, and I have made an effort to pick up trash on every course that I play.

While the tallboys do stick out a bit more, have you ever noticed how many cigarette butts are scattered around? For years, my friend Mike Wagner has picked them up at North Park in Seattle using a 'grabber' tool. His daily efforts to rid the course of cig butts proved futile, as the reinforcements just kept coming.
                I too am an avid trash picker-upper. But as you point out with your cig butt comment, there are too few of us and too many of them. Education of our fellow golfers is the answer, so that someday there may be fewer of them.

Comment

All trash on our courses is unacceptable but beer cans and cig butts are the most disturbing to see. I have been trying to get better about bringing a trash bag w/ me when I play to help give something back considering so many do so much to keep our courses in the ground.
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I pick up ciggie butts and hand them to the nearest smoker. I don't think I need to stink up my bag for the disrespectful addicts. I do put granola bar wrappers and the like in my bag.

Comment

karma rounds

Typically the more trash I pick up the better I play.
                      This is also a good way to try and educate the folks who don't seem to care as much about trash on the ground. If they see peeps picking up trash all the time it may rub off.
                      I once gave a courtesy violation warning to a butt flicker.
                      I told him if he did it again he would be dq'ed. So when his habit of dropping them on the ground raised it's ugly head again, he realized what he'd done and dove to the ground to get it and started begging for a another chance.
                      It was hard to stay serious.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Yet, on some days I just have to say, "I'm not going to be the janitor at Pier today."
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                          It was hard to stay serious.
                          You sayin' you didn't just drop him right there.

'Ang 'im from a yardarm!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X