Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Sorry!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...fending/266846

Crazy... still not funny... at all.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Brilliant! Apoligize for making fun of disc golfers by making more fun of disc golfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Brilliant! Apoligize for making fun of disc golfers by making more fun of disc golfers.
      You're confused Scott...............FRISBEE GOLFERS/FROFLERS.

Bob

Comment

i didn't even know this was a show. but i watched the video n e wayz. and now i wanna go full blown ATUNGA!!! on there ass. even my kids were mad at these 2 people

Comment

"We play actual sports" WTF?
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

That could've been a much funnier bashing of disc golfers, they left out some key stereotypes I would've really liked to see thrown in that apology video.

However, I think it's great for disc golf.

After all, any publicity is good publicity, just ask Pamela Anderson, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, all of the Kardashians, Micheal Jackson, OJ or Bill Clinton.
            Read this ^

Comment

I can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously, I guess some of you are very naive. I didn't see the show, only the "apology" and I found it amusing. I think it's great that they would make fun of our sport on TV. There was once a saying in the music business a long time that you knew you made it when Weird Al made a parody song based on your song. I'm not a "grow the sport" or get Disc Golf on TV advocate but I would say that any publicity is good publicity. If I still haven't convinced you then take this into consideration: Disc Golf be around long after this show will be and no one will remember this in due time.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Frisbee golfers also do many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many other things too. I'm sorry someone didn't talk to these two ahead of time (or had them watch a PDGA video or two) since these "many" other things-doers like to research what they act. ha!

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                  After all, any publicity is good publicity, just ask Pamela Anderson, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, all of the Kardashians, Micheal Jackson, OJ or Bill Clinton.
                  Really? This is the group that you would like to see us lumped into? With the f'ing Kardashians?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Disc Golf be around long after this show will be and no one will remember this in due time.
                    One can understand this to be true and still think that them mocking our sport is kind of a dick move...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think you missed the point of my post Sam.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Really? This is the group that you would like to see us lumped into? With the f'ing Kardashians?
                        Yes, of all the people I listed, the Kardashians are definitely the marketing plan I would love to see disc golf follow. It was a tight race between them and OJ because of OJ's well documented sports career. After all, he ran for two thousand yards, but the Kardashians bringing Lamar Odom into the family really evened things up and then when that Humphries guy came next it was pretty much a slam dunk (pun fully intended). Kardashians all the way! Micheal and Bill never even had a chance.
                        Read this ^

Comment

Who?

Forget it. I don't give a rat's patootie.
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4bl...eature=related

Not a big fan of the Kardashians or the NBA.
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I havenít seen this show but if they made fun of disc golf, they probably make fun of a lot of things (as many comedians do). I think this video response is probably appropriate if some overly sensitive disc golfer actually contacted the show and complained.

I have to say that reading the comments on this thread from upset disc golfers is cracking me up.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X