We're Sorry!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    You think so? Really? I don't think you know very much about marketing in that case.

    Doubt me? Ask Casey Anthony or Amanda Knox how they are feeling about all of that publicity...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #32
      Ummmmmm not quite. Don't think that dude who got caught last year selling mass amounts of stuff during the pdga worlds was good publicity.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**


      You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Sam View Post
        You think so? Really? I don't think you know very much about marketing in that case.

        Doubt me? Ask Casey Anthony or Amanda Knox how they are feeling about all of that publicity...
        So when they make a book or movie deal, and profit from it, I'm sure publicity has nothing to do with that either. For good or ill.
        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
        PDGA # 42821
        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
          Any publicity is good publicity
          no, it is not.

          ... unless you are entirely unconcerned with the impression people have of you and your only aim is that people know your name (or the name of your sport)...

          ... that is such a silly thing to say... sheesh...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

          Comment


          • #35
            http://www.hulu.com/watch/282427/hap...ome#s-p1-so-i0

            finally got around to watching the episode in question. no problems here, and i thought it was kindof funny actually. Its a bummer that they dissed it a little bit but in the end i believe that the publicity is good.
            people are always going to say what theyre going to say and not everyone appriciates disc golf from what they hear about it, at first. Heck. i hated 'frolf' the first time i played it. it takes a while for everyone to learn to love this sport.
            i think its a positive thing because make fun or not, "frolf" or "frisbee golf" still being said on national tv. It may not be "disc golf" like we like it to be said, but its still recognition. people who have never heard of it before seeing this show now have. and i dont know how that could be a bad thing.

            Comment


            • #36
              OK - I finally watched it, too. Not really offended by the frolf references - I just don't think the show was remotely funny.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                http://www.hulu.com/watch/282427/hap...ome#s-p1-so-i0

                finally got around to watching the episode in question. no problems here, and i thought it was kindof funny actually. Its a bummer that they dissed it a little bit but in the end i believe that the publicity is good.
                people are always going to say what theyre going to say and not everyone appriciates disc golf from what they hear about it, at first. Heck. i hated 'frolf' the first time i played it. it takes a while for everyone to learn to love this sport.
                i think its a positive thing because make fun or not, "frolf" or "frisbee golf" still being said on national tv. It may not be "disc golf" like we like it to be said, but its still recognition. people who have never heard of it before seeing this show now have. and i dont know how that could be a bad thing.
                Well said
                Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Rolly View Post
                  So when they make a book or movie deal, and profit from it, I'm sure publicity has nothing to do with that either. For good or ill.
                  Oh you're completely right. I forgot that people will start loving them as soon as they make a movie or write a book.

                  Any other completely lame arguments to throw out there?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Oh you're completely right. I forgot that people will start loving them as soon as they make a movie or write a book.

                    Any other completely lame arguments to throw out there?
                    Wow. I NEVER said anything about ANYBODY loving them. Merely suggested that the same publicity (for good or ill) may help them profit..But your an expert, so I'll leave it to you Sam.. Where was it you got your degree in marketing again?

                    Any publicity IS good publicity the question is for whom..
                    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                    PDGA # 42821
                    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4bl...eature=related

                      Not a big fan of the Kardashians or the NBA.
                      Nice Putt at 4:06 Sam
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Thanks, Josh. I know you would have needed a run-up to throw it that far.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Thanks, Josh. I know you would have needed a run-up to throw it that far.


                          Yes indeed, pretty much beyond 5' I need a run up. Falling putts are my specialty .
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think what Happy Endings did was fine. No, I didn't think it was grade A comedy, but it was comedy none the less. It's nothing to take to heart. Plus, like others said, this type of publicity is good for the sport. I thought the apology clip by HE was funnier then the show... but what Nate and Valerie did was a great response!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I had never heard of the show before reading this post. I wish I could go back and still not know it existed.

                              Watched the episode and in general think the show is crap. The comments during the episode weren't really much one way or the other, but follow up video was insulting. What will amuse me, is when I'm on a course and hear the show has been canceled, courses and people playing will endure, the show is headed for the trash heap.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                What is the big deal about having disc golf on a sitcom? And how did the mighty pdga get duped? When all they wanted was some free prop's for the half wits on the show. Did they ask for any history? The correct name? Looks like two steps forward three back

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X