X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
    Yes, of all the people I listed, the Kardashians are definitely the marketing plan I would love to see disc golf follow. It was a tight race between them and OJ because of OJ's well documented sports career. After all, he ran for two thousand yards, but the Kardashians bringing Lamar Odom into the family really evened things up and then when that Humphries guy came next it was pretty much a slam dunk (pun fully intended). Kardashians all the way! Micheal and Bill never even had a chance.
    So, following the Kardashian marketing plan, the first thing disc golf needs to do is make a sex tape.

Volunteers?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      So, following the Kardashian marketing plan, the first thing disc golf needs to do is make a sex tape.

Volunteers?
      ahh the sacrifices one makes to promote their disc golf community.
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"Sometimes we play Frisbee in between golf shots when we're playing with a lot of people, ya know, to pass the time"....Bahahaha!

I know they were mocking us, but honestly that's what they do! Harmless exposure for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          One can understand this to be true and still think that them mocking our sport is kind of a dick move...
          I don't think they were mocking the sport since the sport of disc golf was never really described or even named on the show.

The mocking was directed at DGers who expected great publicity from a sitcom, didn't get it, and then vented their disappointment in the public square.

But even still, you're right, they shouldn't mock us.

We can do it just fine ourselves.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAm4z...ture=autoshare....

can we say....BURN!!!!

Comment

The response from Nate and Valerie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pAm4zujJcRI

I love these guys. I think I will clip my toe nails now.

Viva l' Cancellation that is undoubtedly coming to this unfunny show.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think the PDGA asking them [Happy Endings] to appologize for their show was a bit like PETA asking Obama to oppologize for swatting a fly. It seems petty. But, the response from Val and Nate was great!
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I don't think you guys realize that this is one giant publicity stunt that benefits the show and the PDGA/Disc Golf community. Something fishy about them contacting the PDGA before the show went on the air. Now Val/Nate are in the mix, the stars of the show, etc. Not buying it, all a big set up.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Um... Tom... don't tell Buzz Aldrin you don't believe in the moon landing, dude. Just sayin'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      The response from Nate and Valerie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pAm4zujJcRI
                      Ugh!

Comment

The words "giant publicity stunt" and "PDGA/Disc Golf community" can't be in the same sentence!

Grammatical error sillybizz!

Comment

Originally posted by GrummyBear View Post
                          The words "giant publicity stunt" and "PDGA/Disc Golf community" can't be in the same sentence!

Grammatical error sillybizz!
                          +1

How much of a demographic do you think we really represent, silly?

Comment

Way to go Val and Nate!

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              I don't think you guys realize that this is one giant publicity stunt that benefits the show and the PDGA/Disc Golf community. Something fishy about them contacting the PDGA before the show went on the air. Now Val/Nate are in the mix, the stars of the show, etc. Not buying it, all a big set up.
                              ... it doesn't really benefit us, dude... no matter how you slice it... and frankly, the only problem i had is that the damn show wasn't even funny... if it had been clever and totally made fun of golf in a clever and witty manner it wouldn't have bugged me at all... it was just that the show itself is just so freaking awful... and i have a personal problem with people saying "frolf"... it's just one of those words that i don't like... i have a whole list of them...
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                                ... it doesn't really benefit us, dude... no matter how you slice it... and frankly, the only problem i had is that the damn show wasn't even funny... if it had been clever and totally made fun of golf in a clever and witty manner it wouldn't have bugged me at all... it was just that the show itself is just so freaking awful... and i have a personal problem with people saying "frolf"... it's just one of those words that i don't like... i have a whole list of them...

Any publicity is good publicity
                                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X