Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the infraction that many others commit?

Maybe we can help educate the masses....
    Read this ^

Comment

I've been thinking about penning an article for one of the disc golf magazines about these issues... Any suggestions for some hard and fast rules for disc golf etiquette?

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
        What was the infraction that many others commit?
        Maybe we can help educate the masses....
        Let's just say it was a smoking violation of some kind and he tried to state that it was his constitutional right to medicate himself in that manner Apparently he thought that the PDGA rules don't apply to him if he doesn't like or agree with them I frequently see large numbers of players doing this openly between rounds at tournaments. I think it will only be a matter of time before someone makes an example out of them.

Lyle WTF!?!? Where have you been? I do certainly hope that was a toungue-in-cheek comment there. I thought you imposed your own suspension on yourself because I havn't seen you in so long. School keeping you too busy to play I might be heading that way soon myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          Let's just say it was a smoking violation of some kind and he tried to state that it was his constitutional right to medicate himself in that manner Apparently he thought that the PDGA rules don't apply to him if he doesn't like or agree with them I frequently see large numbers of players doing this openly between rounds at tournaments. I think it will only be a matter of time before someone makes an example out of them.
          The PDGA rules on "medicating" only apply from the 2 minute warning until scorecards are turned in.
          Just say'in.

Comment

An illicit substance is an illicit substance. Would rather see that than alcohol however.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
              Lyle WTF!?!? Where have you been? I do certainly hope that was a toungue-in-cheek comment there. I thought you imposed your own suspension on yourself because I havn't seen you in so long. School keeping you too busy to play I might be heading that way soon myself.
              Pretty sure everything I post on here is tongue-in-cheek

Mostly, I hit a slump and started to lick so many balls at golf that it wasn't fun to play. I'm rebuilding my throw and will be back in full force if it pays off.

You going for a Master's or Doctorate or something? Yowza.

Back on subject; disrespectful players make me sad.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

The interesting thing here is neither of these examples have anything to do with one another. Blowing up at a TD is completely different then smoking pot. Medical Mary J is for home use only. In public and smoking it in Idaho seems really really stupid.
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  I've been thinking about penning an article for one of the disc golf magazines about these issues... Any suggestions for some hard and fast rules for disc golf etiquette?
                  Yeah I have a few things that should be MANDATORY!

1.) Ask before you assume you can do anything. This goes with all aspects of the game. Smoking a cig, jump putting, casual relief, etc.
                  2.) Shut the hell up when people are preparing to throw. I love bantering back and forth with anybody on my card but I will shut my mouth when they get to their lie until they have thrown.
                  3.) Have fun. Yeah, bad rounds happen (case in point, my last two rounds of the Farragut Open). I still had a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I hate having one negative player effect the entire card with their attitude.
                  4.) Discuss your beef with the player it's with, not everyone but them. Nothing worse then hearing how you pissed somebody off from somebody that wasn't on your card, or worse, at the tournament.
                  5.) ALWAYS THANK YOUR TD AND VOLUNTEERS! They get nothing but the satisfaction of seeing their event work. A thank you will go a long way to making sure they come back the next year and try harder to make it better.

I could go on and on and on...
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Each and every round

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                    How About the BIG 5 rules ( three are courtsey, two are technical)
                    1. Don't break shit
                    2. Pack it in Pack it out
                    3. Don't advance in front of play
                    4. Play directly behind the mini
                    5. No falling putts
                    Last edited by LJ Jubner; October 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM. Reason: revised in bold
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X