X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did USDGC get killed this year?

Not many ballers playing- what's the scoop? I get it's handicapped or whatever but for most major players to skip it seems weird. They weren't even filled last I looked...

I think its sort of a boycott from the top pros. USDGC had as much prestige as Worlds. Its the tournament made for the tip-top level of Disc Golf. Worlds invitation criteria is so much easier to meet. To even qualify for the USDGC was a great accomplishment before, but now you won't be considered the best of the best.
    In my opinion there is a place for handicapped competition but taking the most prestigious tournament in our sport and making it handicapped is/was not wise.
    -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

It's probably the fact there's no payout than the fact it's a handicapped format that is keeping the top players away other than Climo, Feldberg and Schultz, sponsored by Innova. If winning was still around $10K, the other top guys would still be playing.

Comment

Mixed feelings about this topic/tourney. I agree with Chuck, if the money was big the players would show regardless of it being a handicapped tourney. It will be interesting seeing how this plays out and who wins, and how high a round rating the top players are going to have to shoot to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
          It's probably the fact there's no payout than the fact it's a handicapped format that is keeping the top players away other than Climo, Feldberg and Schultz, sponsored by Innova. If winning was still around $10K, the other top guys would still be playing.
          That I did not know- makes total sense now. I assumed the payout was similar to the past, which would mean some pros were really angry to walk away from that.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X