X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Number

So, my disc golfing buddy was telling about a conversation he was having with a fellow disc golfer he knew. This fellow disc golfer was telling him about a mini disc you get with your PDGA number on it when you sign up to be in the PDGA. And, if you run into someone out in the world of disc golfing that has a number lower than yours, you can challenge them to a round, and if you win, you get their mini and they take yours.

Is this true?

I have never heard this.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Why on earth would you want a number on a mini that is not yours?

Comment

like the numbers represent your rank almost, the closer to 1 you get, the better you are

Comment

Your friend is misinformed. I don't think that you get a mini with your pdga # on it when you sign up. PDGA numbers are not interchangeable, once you get your number it is YOURS. I got a disc with my number on it but that was way back in the olden days about 30 years ago

Comment

Sounds more like bag tag rules....
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
              Your friend is misinformed. I don't think that you get a mini with your pdga # on it when you sign up. PDGA numbers are not interchangeable, once you get your number it is YOURS. I got a disc with my number on it but that was way back in the olden days about 30 years ago

I got a mini with my pdga #29128 when I signed up. I just got one for my son when I signed him up #47749. His is in my profile picture.
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

He's confusing it with bag tags. I received a mini when I signed up too. #42520

Comment

Got one as well. 48575.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post

I am pdga #37977 and I got a mini w/ my number on it. I believe they still do this for the first year but from then on you get a pdga tag.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      I got a mini with my pdga #29128 when I signed up. I just got one for my son when I signed him up #47749. His is in my profile picture.
                      Wow Gilberts, your son must take after his mom cause I've seen you and your not that cute.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Steady

Originally posted by YukiYamani View Post
                        like the numbers represent your rank almost, the closer to 1 you get, the better you are
                        I think Ed took # 001 with him.
                        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by YukiYamani View Post
                          So, my disc golfing buddy was telling about a conversation he was having with a fellow disc golfer he knew. This fellow disc golfer was telling him about a mini disc you get with your PDGA number on it when you sign up to be in the PDGA. And, if you run into someone out in the world of disc golfing that has a number lower than yours, you can challenge them to a round, and if you win, you get their mini and they take yours.

Is this true?
                          ... you can have my personalized pdga mini when you pry it from my cold, dead hands...

(same goes for that #1 chick flick bag tag)
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Yep sounds like bag tag rules...

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                              Wow Gilberts, your son must take after his mom cause I've seen you and your not that cute.
                              Yes, Stengele, he gets his looks from mom! (but he gets his killer putting from me!)
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X