Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What're the bag tag rules?

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      Yes, Stengele, he gets his looks from mom! (but he gets his killer putting from me!)

You playing dubs this weekend at the tac? It's been a long time since I've seen you buddy. Hope all is well in Oly.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by YukiYamani View Post
        What're the bag tag rules?
        It depends on the league, but generally speaking it's just as you described.
        Two people in the league meet on the course. Lower score takes the lower tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          It depends on the league, but generally speaking it's just as you described.
          Two people in the league meet on the course. Lower score takes the lower tag.
          So your PDGA number is on the bag tag? Do you get it when you sign up for the PDGA? Or do you just have to get one made?

Comment

No, generally bag tags are local groups where you purchase a tag then play with other area golfers who also purchased tags, examples are the bag tag league run by stumptown disc golf, a Portland-based club. PDGA numbers are permanent and aren't used as a way to judge relative ability, I'm still #32726, and I still have the same custom PDGA mini from the year I joined, 2006.
            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by YukiYamani View Post
              So your PDGA number is on the bag tag? Do you get it when you sign up for the PDGA? Or do you just have to get one made?
              No, bag tag leagues are completely seperate from the PDGA.

Comment

Though I DID play in a PDGA Worlds once where you could buy an optional keepsake bag tag, and then play bag tag during the Worlds! Wasn't that fun, Matt Kelly, when I took your tag?
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X