• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG Hits Prime Time TV

From the PDGA website:

By MembershipsManager | Sep 27, 2011
    Disc Golf on TV Logo 400x300

Disc Golf Hits Prime Time TV

The PDGA was contacted by Paramount Studios in early August to submit PDGA branded items for use as product placement on the ABC television show, “Happy Endings”. The sitcom places a fresh and comedic spin on modern friendship, focusing on six lifelong Chicago-based friends in their 20’s and early 30’s navigating various stages of work, relationships, marriage, and dating. The disc golf themed episode is currently set to air on Wednesday, September 28th following “Modern Family”.

While increasing interest and popularity of this sport is evident in the worldwide participation and growing membership of Disc golfers, portrayal of this sport in the media is imperative for prosperity and awareness on a global level. Television is a monumental step in securing our place in sports history.

So Disc Golfers and “Frisbeeterians”, spread the word and Tune in to ABC on September 28th. If not for the sake of the sport, then to ensure that you will never have to explain the definition of Disc Golf again.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
    From the PDGA website:

While increasing interest and popularity of this sport is evident in the worldwide participation and growing membership of Disc golfers, portrayal of this sport in the media is imperative for prosperity and awareness on a global level. Television is a monumental step in securing our place in sports history.
    Ugh!

Comment

Agreed
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

While I believe that it's awesome disc golf will get some national coverage on a major network, a cheesy sitcom that will more than likely be terminated after this season is not what I would call good.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm hoping that the coverage does not make fun of the sport or exploit the easy stoner/slacker stereotype.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            I'm hoping that the coverage does not make fun of the sport or exploit the easy stoner/slacker stereotype.
            or have newbies throwing aces at a 120 ft. hole and act like this is the norm.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Or the balding/overweight stereotype like they did in Seinfeld... that would also suck... right, Scott?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
              “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
              ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Or the balding/overweight stereotype like they did in Seinfeld... that would also suck... right, Scott?

Hilarious!
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

That epsiode wasn't promoting disc golf, it was promoting frolf.

Comment

Phew! Dodged a bullet there then, didn't we?

And, really... that episode was about... nothing.
                    “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                    ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                      While I believe that it's awesome disc golf will get some national coverage on a major network, a cheesy sitcom that will more than likely be terminated after this season is not what I would call good.
                      Dude, this was one of the funniest shows on tv last spring. They made a passing reference to dg last season. Funny stuff...if you're into that kind of humor...the funy kind.

Comment

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's show , hoping it is not demeaning to the wonderful fun , lifelong sport we all are addicted to.

Comment

Hey............I resemble that remark!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                            Hey............I resemble that remark!

Bob
                            But are you the master of your domain?

Comment

I declare this the 'Summer of George'!
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X