Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me to

Comment

the opening credits are barely over and this is already pretty much the worst show i have ever seen...

ugh, mr. pizzel, ugh, indeed.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Wow.....the world of frolf is changed forever. Shame on the PDGA for making a big deal about this.

Comment

I think I laughed maybe twice.

Comment

shame on us for watching. I didn't know I was capable of throwing up out of my eyeballs. Thanks abc
            "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oops, I set the tuner and VCR timers to get it but spaced it out while I watched a tape of today's Democracy Now!.

Looks like I screwed up and did something right.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

So how was disc golf portrayed? Wondering since I'm fortunate enough to not have cable.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  So how was disc golf portrayed? Wondering since I'm fortunate enough to not have cable.
                  it was portrayed in all it's "frolfy" glory...

...boo...

okay, it was the best two seconds of the show when one of the gals got popped in the face with the classic nearly backwards from three feet away tee shot... yeah, frolf!!!

and then i started wishing storage wars was on and kinda being glad i'm just housesitting and don't have a tv so i won't ever have to watch a sitcom again... i remember when sitcoms were awesome...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

The PDGA blew it. Fire the Media relations person!
                    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                      it was portrayed in all it's "frolfy" glory...

...boo...

okay, it was the best two seconds of the show when one of the gals got popped in the face with the classic nearly backwards from three feet away tee shot... yeah, frolf!!!

and then i started wishing storage wars was on and kinda being glad i'm just housesitting and don't have a tv so i won't ever have to watch a sitcom again... i remember when sitcoms were awesome...

Storage Wars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        The word "disc" was never said. The word "golf" was said once and only to define what "frolf" is for the audience. There was only about 1-2 seconds of footage of people playing, which was one girl teeing off and hitting another in the face. During about half of that time I could see a basket in the background that was a little blurry and then an actor moved in front of it so I couldn't see it anymore.

The rest of the time "frolf" was referred to as something the guy did that the girl didn't like as the two spatted during the episode about being honest with each other and expressing what their true feelings were on a nuber of issues.

Which reminds me, I wonder how the running sock (or whatever they're called) manufacturer's feel?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          Storage Wars!!!
                          Storage wars....

imagine the episode when one of the principals of the show finds a Lightning DB5 portable buried under a ton of (junk).

He then proceeds to take it to some eclectic dealer to find out what it is...

that might be good tv.

Comment

From the PDGA:

"I think we can all agree the "frolf" episode of Happy Endings on ABC last night was not what we were hoping it would be. We were told by ABC that the episode was centered around disc golf, and they even asked us to send them some PDGA stuff to use on the set. We're sorry if we built it up without knowing exactly what the episode would entail, but the idea of disc golf on prime time television de...finitely had us excited, understandably.

Bad press is sometimes better than no press, but in this case no one benefited. Our biggest hope for the episode was that if someone watching didn't know what disc golf was, they would at least have an idea after. Unfortunately for all parties involved, that was not the case."

Comment

I was bummed that the episode sucked. Last year's shows were hilarious....Frolf or not.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                                the opening credits are barely over and this is already pretty much the worst show i have ever seen...
                                Agreed. I not only blame the pdga, but the person who did the orginal post and got us to watch it.
                                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X