X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    No, Kent. I think Jason is right. Include me among the baffled, "Mr. -18 at Orchard". If you move up and challenge yourself, you will find the reward huge.
    More salt in the wound. You gotta stop bringing up Doubles accomplishments just so I will tell you how great you are.
    I don't follow how a doubles score has any bearing on how an individual performs in tournament play. apparently, I could use some lessons from Sexton.
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
      More salt in the wound. You gotta stop bringing up Doubles accomplishments just so I will tell you how great you are.
      I don't follow how a doubles score has any bearing on how an individual performs in tournament play. apparently, I could use some lessons from Sexton.
      See the thread on Nate offering golf lessons?

Bob

Comment

Don't listen to them Kent!

They are just looking to pad their division so they can win more $$$!

You are dead on! If you have 22 rated rounds and your rating says you should play MA3 then do it and show the "you're number one" sign to any who say you are wrong.
        When your tournament game (not doubles or 3-headed monster or casual rounds) improves enough to compete in MA2 your rating will make it so you HAVE to play MA2.
        All of the old-school "if you win a division you have to move up" or "you'll get better faster by playing higher divisions" is a bunch of crap.
        And the wussies who get browbeaten into playing a division 25+ rating points above their rating (assuming a good sample of rated rounds) because of the stupid NAME of the division, DESERVE to get fleeced by the players playing in the correct division for their rating.

Now there is a MAJOR difference between playing Pro and playing AM. When to turn Pro and jump into the big pond is a totally different discussion. But what division to play in AM is pretty cut and dried. Unless there is some outside reason why your rating is artificially low (injury, very few rated rounds, took extended time off from competition etc.) then you should be playing in a division that your rating dictates. And as soon as you start to play consistently in competition, your rating will increase and force you to play in the next division.
        The system can work, but only if we all play by the same rules.

Mr. Phillips and Sam can bite me!
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          See the thread on Nate offering golf lessons?

Bob
          Bob and I are gonna do it, you should join us!

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
            "SANDBAGGER!" is what you shout at people during awards ceremonies if you respect them and admire their abilities. It was pretty common about 9 years ago to hear people being called sandbagger, that, for a while, it was reclaimed as a positive. I think those days may be gone now.
            Hell, I yell 'SANDBAGGER' when the Pro winner is announced and 'AGEBAGGER' when the Master winner is announced! It's all good!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

Done. Let me know when.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

My husband and I are thinking about enlisting Nate's services as well.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                  My husband and I are thinking about enlisting Nate's services as well.

Cindy
                  Not to Hijack the thread but Nate is willing to come up to do multiple or group lessons. Personally? I'd rather go to Adair but if it works better for everyone else I'll do it where ever.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Bagging, Bagger, Sand Banger, etc. etc. ect.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    Not to Hijack the thread but Nate is willing to come up to do multiple or group lessons. Personally? I'd rather go to Adair but if it works better for everyone else I'll do it where ever.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Bagging, Bagger, Sand Banger, etc. etc. ect.

Bob

ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Training to be a bagger

Comment

ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Didn't mean to invite ourselves into your group, but it would be way fun to clinic with you guys, and girls right? Kim? Antonia? We would be up for either a P-town thing or traveling south.

Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Oh, and I am baffled why I can not seem to progress to MA2 either. It frickin kills me every time I throw a stupid shot in a tourney. I seem to do it alot. Sucks being lame

As much as I have a long way to improve my game the last Slosh series is the only tournament I will be entering in MA3. I want to up my game and if it means losing money to better players in a division well above where I should be playing so be it. I don't think it is fair to ask anyone to play down a division where as the inverse I completely agree with. You will play where you choose to play. It definitely does not mean I have to agree with it. Again I am not trying to bag on ya (pun definitely intended) I enjoy playing rounds with ya. I'll see you out soon and we'll share a beer and conversation as we always have.
                        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Hell, I yell 'SANDBAGGER' when the Pro winner is announced and 'AGEBAGGER' when the Master winner is announced! It's all good!
                          That's because you're awesome.
                          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

I honestly think that sandbagging is really only people holding themselves back... If you are capable of playing competitively in a higher division and you choose to play in a lower one you are only costing yourself the opportunity to learn from more skilled and experienced players. Let's face it, sandbagging is about winning... there is no question that you learn more and improve more by playing with stronger players... so if improvement is your goal you should try to move up as fast as possible... but if your goal is winning, well then, it time to grab some sand!

Comment

For me, only one player's score matters. I'll have to worry when I catch that guy bagging.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

sandbagging

playing a division you don't belong in that's why you play pdga tournaments so your ranking decides where you can play

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X