X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Jerry Miller at Disc Golf Depot

As many of you know basket #10 was recently stolen from Trojan Park. In sticking with our mission statement, Stumptown Disc Golf decided to replace that basket, so last week I called Disc Golf Depot to order the replacement basket.

After hearing our plan, Jerry made a few phone calls to his contacts at PGE and they agreed to buy the baskets themselves. All Jerry asked of us is that we use the money we intended to use on this basket for some other purpose that will benefit the local disc golf community.

So, to honor Jerry's request, we have decided to use that money to purchase a basket for Lunchtime Disc Golf Course. Dan Brown (DGOD) and Sam Gibson have been raising money to replace the baskets at Lunchtime for some time now, and now Stumptown will be adding one additional basket to that initial order.

Thank you again to Jerry and Disc Golf Depot. Once again you have showed us why you are "The Mentor".

Jeff Hagerty
    Stumptown Disc Golf
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Awesome. Thanks to Stumptown and to Jerry Miller and to PGE, for that matter. This is how this stuff is supposed to work - with all of us working together to make the game we love better. Stoked about this!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Spend some of the money on rebar and crushed basalt to drop down the pipes. Let the thieves raise money for Sawzall blades.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

@ Sam: You hit the nail on the head Sam. THIS is how it should work.

@ Ol' Bob: I was thinking a stainless steel rod myself
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

This makes me feel even better about spending money at Disc Golf Depot every time I take a trip to Portland.

Comment

Comment

Great job Jerry.

Comment

Great Job Jerry!!!!
                PDGA President

Comment

Great news, glad it all got worked out.

Comment

warm disc golf fuzzies. so sweet.
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Just another reason why I use Disc Golf Depot for my script.
                      Thanks again Jerry for all you do.

Comment

A lot of people doing good stuff.

Stumptowm, Jerry, PGE, Dan and Sam.
                        Thank you all.

And thank you to Jeff for letting us know about it.

Comment

This brings us to 8 new baskets of the eventual 15 we intend to install at Lunchtime. The church has approved the addition of three new holes on the course, as well as - we are hoping to confirm tomorrow - concrete tee pads throughout the course as well as alternate pin placements for every hole.

DGOD and Dan Brown have made this a possibility as they have taken the course under their wing as their home course.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Where will the additional 3 holes go? In the northeastern part?
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

We have been playing two extra holes in the lower parking lot (northeastern lot), and will be adding a hole between 4 and 5 that will be another short island (or something similar... hay bales... a backstop... a fence in front... dunno) shot.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X