X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
    In the Burning Man world we are required to stipulate cleanup and impact studies in order to continue the event. In what means can the disc golf community step up to meet the expectations of the city with regards to land use. I understand their are outside parties influencing decision but sometimes a great idea requires follow-up that can be documented. Showing such a plan may help to put the city back in favor.
    This proposal is the result of a two-plus year planning process where every last detail and contingency has been designed, vetted, analyzed, feedbacked, modified, vetted again, feedbacked again, etc. The site would never have been chosen by the City in the first place if there were any possible ecological, economic, or social impacts that were unacceptable. This is Eugene. And this is not a Eugene Disc Golf Club proposal, it is a City of Eugene proposal.

It is a proposal for a pay to play course that would pay for itself, provide small business jobs, income for the City, and meet unmet maintenance needs for the park while providing affordable and long overdue recreation opportunities to regular people in a time of shrinking budgets.

It's a no-brainer. But we're in Eugene, and our public process often looks like it has no brains.
    Last edited by Matt B.; August 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

letters and emails have been sent, c'mon folks we NEED public input now.

Comment

http://kezi.com/news/local/221952
        sigpic

Comment

The comments take some of my anger away.

But... This woman seems like a total jerk who should mind her own f'ing business. "We need a trail to remember my brother who was actually quite a jerk, too!"
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sorry, Matt. Better?
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Sorry, Matt. Better?
              Who loves ya, baby!?

Comment

From the comments: "Surly we can't have discs flying of the memorial trial, of course not, we wouldn't want to taint the reputation of this famous drunk driver. "

Comment

269 words of that article are about her, 82 are about how 90% of the people surveyed who run the trail weren't bothered by the disc golf course. I'm so glad I live in Corvallis.
                  It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
                    269 words of that article are about her, 82 are about how 90% of the people surveyed who run the trail weren't bothered by the disc golf course. I'm so glad I live in Corvallis.
                    As a Eugenean who plays a LOT of golf in Corvallis and has always supported the WDGC and appreciated what they do, I understand your feelings and sincerely hope you will provide similar feedback to either the list of officials upthread or the media outlet in question or both or more. Thanks!

Comment

Sent 1 off to all 4.

It appears that Mr. Richardson is out of his office this week Monday thru today. lets make sure his email box is fullish.

Go Eugene
                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I already have e-mailed all, nice and brief. Mentioned how people run all over Willamette park and how I've never heard a peep from those folks about the (pretty much always crowded) disc golf course.
                        It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
                          I already have e-mailed all, nice and brief. Mentioned how people run all over Willamette park and how I've never heard a peep from those folks about the (pretty much always crowded) disc golf course.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                            Please respond just to let us know that you've sent some kind of communication to the city of Eugene.
                            Just saw this....sent off letters to all. I really hope this happens!

ps. The extended disc golf community in Oregon never fails to surprise me. Thanks for the all the support from outside the Eug!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                              Don't mean to sound like an old fogey, but actual, written letters trump emails in the minds of our elected and non-elected officials.

So email and then snail mail. And then we'll meet down at City Hall and spell out messages with our bodies by laying down and making letters in the middle of Sixth Avenue.

If we stay there long enough, we may get pictured on Google Earth.

I may also look into organizing a 5K fun run/walk on Pre's Trail with proceeds going to support DG in Alton Baker.
                              A great letter in today's Register Guard by our own Jim J.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/opi...trail.html.csp

Excellent job Jim, Thank You!

Also, George Schroeder, the RG lead Sports Columnist was obviously approached by OTC and Neta Prefontaine to tell their side of the story. Too bad he basically stayed neutral and then concluded by telling them that Pre probably would have liked disc golf and they should learn how to get along with others!

http://www.registerguard.com/web/spo...ourse.html.csp

We're making some progress here, if you haven't expressed your opinion yet, please do so by reading the original post in this thread and taking five minutes to support and promote disc golf.

Thank you to everyone who has already done so, we are making a difference!
                              Last edited by Matt B.; August 26th, 2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                                A great letter in today's Register Guard by our own Jim. J.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/opi...trail.html.csp

Excellent job Jim, Thank You!

Also, George Schroeder, the RG lead Sports Columnist was obviously approached by OTC, and Neta Prefontaine to tell their side of the story. Too bad he basically stayed neutral and then concluded by telling them that Pre probably would have liked disc golf and they should learn how to get along with others!

http://www.registerguard.com/web/spo...ourse.html.csp

We're making some progress here, if you haven't expressed your opinion yet, please do so by reading the original post in this thread and taking five minutes to support and promote disc golf.

Thank you to everyone who has already done so, we are making a difference!
                                Jim your the man!
                                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X