Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: New PDGA.COM

Late September.

Here's to hoping they get it right!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

That's great news!

Comment

What's it say? The link isn't working for me!

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post

Quote: PDGA.COM

By dgentry | Aug 18, 2011

As many of you have noticed, our current website has been suffering from some performance issues recently. While it has served us well these past several years, the website and the software it uses are due for well-deserved updates. We are happy to announce that a new leaner and faster website is scheduled to launch in late September!

While the most notable improvement will be increased speed and overall performance, there are several other enhancements and additional features planned as well. The overall look and feel of the website will receive a slight makeover and have a cleaner, more modern look. You will also be able to display content in multiple languages including French, German, and Russian. The website has also been optimized for use with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, and Android) and Facebook functionality has been added too!

Another new feature that we are excited to offer is the ability for you to create your own disc golf-related blogs to share with other PDGA members. If writing is not your thing, you can save your favorite posts and mark your favorite bloggers instead.

If you are interested in helping with the new website and would like to be a beta tester, contact David Gentry at dgentry@pdga.com.

We appreciate everyoneís patience with our existing website problems and are looking forward to a new robust website in the near future.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

New PDGA.com
          By dgentry | Aug 18, 2011
          As many of you have noticed, our current website has been suffering from some performance issues recently. While it has served us well these past several years, the website and the software it uses are due for well-deserved updates. We are happy to announce that a new leaner and faster website is scheduled to launch in late September!

While the most notable improvement will be increased speed and overall performance, there are several other enhancements and additional features planned as well. The overall look and feel of the website will receive a slight makeover and have a cleaner, more modern look. You will also be able to display content in multiple languages including French, German, and Russian. The website has also been optimized for use with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, and Android) and Facebook functionality has been added too!

Another new feature that we are excited to offer is the ability for you to create your own disc golf-related blogs to share with other PDGA members. If writing is not your thing, you can save your favorite posts and mark your favorite bloggers instead.

If you are interested in helping with the new website and would like to be a beta tester, contact David Gentry at dgentry@pdga.com.

We appreciate everyoneís patience with our existing website problems and are looking forward to a new robust website in the near future.

Comment

If Mr. Gentry believes that that website served us well, I am now concerned about the quality of the new website. I will reserve judgment but that doesn't inspire confidence.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              I will reserve judgment but that doesn't inspire confidence.
              Sam, We are talking about the new PDGA website. NOT the lame P.O.S. Dodgers.

Comment

Um... you've noticed your lead on the Dodgers shrinking... as is your hopes of making the post-season. You guys are looking like the Portland Trailblazers of the MLB... and that's not good.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

sounded better than the truth

If Mr. Gentry believes that that website served us well, I am now concerned about the quality of the new website. I will reserve judgment but that doesn't inspire confidence.
                  Yeh, that and the "suffering from some performance issues recently".
                  I have faith in Dave that he'll do the best he can!
                  Sam, are you going to offer any of your brilliance to the new site?
                  IMO you would make an excellent beta tester, as you're already real gudt at testing us board peeps. But you can always get beta. Right?
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Oh hell no. I want nothing to do with that project. Some of the people who have complained are real pricks...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The link isn't working for me!

Comment

Oh hell no. I want nothing to do with that project. Some of the people who have complained are real pricks...
                        Why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem? Or at least bitch about it? Much more fun.

Comment

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

late September = January 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                              late September = January 2012
                              No kidding.

What's really amazing is how the new website has been pushed back so many times already this year:

• From the Minutes from the April 27-29 2011 Spring Summit: "ACTION ITEM:...to have website upgraded to Drupal 7 within 30-60 days."
                              • From the Minutes from May 2011 Teleconference: "New Website Update We are still on track to launch the new website by June 28th. This launch will also include the online magazine, social media functionality, and conversion of the existing tournament-admin functionality."
                              • From the Minutes from June 2011 Teleconference: "We are going to miss our original projected launch date of June 28th. I had a detailed meeting with Ciphent / Accuvant last week and our new launch date is Thursday July 8th"
                              • From the Minutes from July 2011 Teleconference: " As you can clearly tell we did not launch on July 8th as expected...The revised plan is to have the new site ready for beta testers on July 23rd and to give the beta testers a week...Provided the beta testing goes well the plan is to launch the new site in early August (somewhere between the 1st and 3rd) which will give us a faster and more robust site in time for the Pro Worlds in Santa Cruz.
                              • From the new PDGA.com article: "We are happy to announce that a new leaner and faster website is scheduled to launch in late September!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X