X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet...

I'd love to run the mini tournament! Mt Tabor anyone?!?!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Ill not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Jeff,
      Count me in to volunteer as much as my Wife and Job will allow!
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I would want to play, but would be willing to dedicate all my spare time up to and during the tournament! I think I could provide the necessary skills to bring food to the masses!

Comment

I'd be happy to not only volunteer but get involved at a deeper level.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

It's still a long way off but I'm in for the long haul if it happens. I'm willing to organize volunteers and be a part of the Team doing the planning. This is of course contingent on how life is going when the time comes.

I know that having Worlds here makes for a great opportunity to play when it's in your own back yard but if everybody wants to do the planning and work up to the event but nobody wants to help "during" the event lets forget it. It's hard to find 30 people willing to give up 3 days to commit to helping at the BSF, how are we gonna get 3 times that for a whole week? We have a couple of TD's that love the BSF so much they put their own desires aside so that they can provide a great event for the Nation to enjoy. This is the kind of selfless commitment it is going to take from a LOT of people to pull this off.

I'm in and will be making my list and checking it twice.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              It's still a long way off but I'm in for the long haul if it happens. I'm willing to organize volunteers and be a part of the Team doing the planning. This is of course contingent on how life is going when the time comes.

I know that having Worlds here makes for a great opportunity to play when it's in your own back yard but if everybody wants to do the planning and work up to the event but nobody wants to help "during" the event lets forget it. It's hard to find 30 people willing to give up 3 days to commit to helping at the BSF, how are we gonna get 3 times that for a whole week? We have a couple of TD's that love the BSF so much they put their own desires aside so that they can provide a great event for the Nation to enjoy. This is the kind of selfless commitment it is going to take from a LOT of people to pull this off.

I'm in and will be making my list and checking it twice.

Bob
              ditto as always
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Just my opinion, but I think we'd have a better shot and provide a better experience if we did just PRO worlds. The scale and work required to organize a combined worlds seems unimaginable, and I think we would lose a majority of our volunteer base if all of us Ams were playing that week. If we did do just PRO worlds then I imagine that there are at least 100 (probably a lot more) Ams in the area who would love nothing more than to volunteer for the week.

I also think that getting our state TDs together to coordinate that years tournaments such that it would allow and encourage volunteering for the event is a fantastic idea.

I personally would love to see this happen and therefore would be willing to put in work to see it happen.

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                MN has its own bid being developed.
                A MN worlds!?!?? They are also way overdue for hosting. The twin cities has one of the best DG scenes in the world with over 10+ championship caliber courses in the metro area, not to mention Blue Ribbon Pines DGC. I would love to see that happen as well...

Comment

Pro Worlds in the North West!!! I want to play, but would be willing to help to prepare for the event and to help during and between rounds.

Comment

If you think about it----this is not just one club bidding. This is an Oregon bid. All clubs should be willing to help in any way that they can.
                    To have a successful Worlds, you need to build a solid foundation and that starts with great and active leadership.

Remember that this is not a competition but an opportunity to show that the Northwest is the "Capital" of disc golf.

With that said, I would advise anyone to attend the 2012 Worlds as observers and take in what it really takes to run a Worlds although we should have everything in place by then for a Northwest Worlds.
                    I was amazed because I was behind the scenes at Santa Cruz and you don't realize how much work this takes and the amount of volunteers that will be needed.

Just my two cents
                    PDGA President

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X