X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Lessons

I have decided to start offering disc golf lessons again this winter/spring during the off-season.

A lesson can cover any number of skills depending on what youíd like to learn or work on. Some of the lessons I have taught in the past dealt with adding distance, improving footwork, sidearms, putting, and strategy/mental game/disc selection. Basically whatever part of your game youíd like help with.

I am charging $30 for an hour of one on one instruction and $45 for an hour of instruction and having me as a caddy for a round of golf afterwards to help put things into practice and work on shot selection.

I am living in Eugene/Springfield but I am willing to make arrangements to travel to other areas for lessons. I am also willing to tweak the prices for group lessons or for multiple sessions.

Please pm or email me at sextondisc@gmail.com if you are interested
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

I'm now taking up a collection to partake of this opportunity. God only knows if theres someone that needs this, it's me.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      I'm now taking up a collection to partake of this opportunity. God only knows if theres someone that needs this, it's me.

Bob
      Count me in for half! But I get to play the round with you and Nate!
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Cindy and I just completed our first one on one session with Professor Nate Sexton. Man is my arm tired. Two hours of throwing in the field at Timber then a round with the Master. We are both grateful to Nate for working with us to improve our form (or in my case to get a form at all). Anyone new to the sport or needing special attention should look into a session with Nate. Sometimes what we need is someone who can recognize the subtle form differences and make small to large corrections. His expert advice was instrumental in adding distance, confidence in putting, and much needed tips on those hard to judge approaches shoots.

Thanks Nate! Youíre a Pro!
        Stephen & Cindy McMahan
        Just shut up and throw!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve McMahan View Post
          Cindy and I just completed our first one on one session with Professor Nate Sexton. Man is my arm tired. Two hours of throwing in the field at Timber then a round with the Master. We are both grateful to Nate for working with us to improve our form (or in my case to get a form at all). Anyone new to the sport or needing special attention should look into a session with Nate. Sometimes what we need is someone who can recognize the subtle form differences and make small to large corrections. His expert advice was instrumental in adding distance, confidence in putting, and much needed tips on those hard to judge approaches shoots.

Thanks Nate! Youíre a Pro!
          Stephen & Cindy McMahan
          Totally second all of that. If you want to improve your game I suggest you take Nate up on his offer. Thanks again. It was very cool to get his perspective and tips on the game. My wife says he had great insight into how we each could do some basic tweaks and get more out of a round. He explained each thing very clearly.

Besides, how often will I get a chance to beat a pro on any course? JK

Good times. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend on the unsuspecting competition.

Peace out,

Smo
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
            Totally second all of that. If you want to improve your game I suggest you take Nate up on his offer. Thanks again. It was very cool to get his perspective and tips on the game. My wife says he had great insight into how we each could do some basic tweaks and get more out of a round. He explained each thing very clearly.

Besides, how often will I get a chance to beat a pro on any course? JK

Good times. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend on the unsuspecting competition.

Peace out,

Smo

Oh yeah, I can throw 500 feet now too.
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
              Oh yeah, I can throw 500 feet now too.
              And now you can get there in two throws instead of three.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                And now you can get there in two throws instead of three.

Training to be a bagger

Comment

Nate, I think that there are several demographic populations that you should look to connect with. One is the Boy Scouts, who recently have started a disc golf program, (at least that's what I've heard); Girl Scouts: schools, for a relatively cheep way to excersice and field trips; various retirement communities, not nursing homes but places where folks have decided to live for convienence and are still active. At the retirement homes this could also be promoted as a way for grandparents to connect with grand children, a sport where everyone can get out and play. Ours is a under utilized sport, one that has potential to grow to all segments of the population.
                  Thanks, Bob

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone, I am glad people are enjoying the lessons so far and I am excited to hear how the tips help your games improve this season. As far as involvement with Boy Scouts and Schools and such, I would love to do something like that, not too sure how I would go about making that happen though. I have had some requests in the past to do demos for P.E. classes and things like that but I haven't been able to set one up yet.

If anyone else is interested in lessons I am as free as I will be for a while in the next few weeks, once the tourney season gets up and running I will be on the road alot more but would still love to try and work a few lessons in. Thanks again to everyone who has taken a lessons so far I had a great time with all of you.
                    Nate
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Lessons

I am still happy to set up some lessons most Mon-Thurs. when I am not traveling to events. I have a lesson today and two tomorrow but other than that I have nothing scheduled. Please refer to the first post in the thread for contact info and send me an email if there is a part of your game you'd like some help with before the tourney season gets into full swing. Thanks to everyone who has taken a lesson so far, I have had a great time with all of you.
                      Nate
                      Innova Champion Discs
                      Discmania
                      huk lab
                      Keen Footwear
                      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Maybe you should contact the people with EDGE and then try to bring that program to local schools...

Comment

Nate, does the parks department in Corvallis offer clinics of ANY kind? Many parks and rec. departments have a guide for sports where they offer leagues, classes and clinics and such. If they do and they do not have disc golf as an offering, you might suggest teaching a class through them. I did with Hillsboro Parks and Rec. and beyond getting paid to teach people about the game I love, I also introduced it to probably 20 or 30 that are still out there throwing.
                          Just a thought.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Nate, does the parks department in Corvallis offer clinics of ANY kind? Many parks and rec. departments have a guide for sports where they offer leagues, classes and clinics and such. If they do and they do not have disc golf as an offering, you might suggest teaching a class through them. I did with Hillsboro Parks and Rec. and beyond getting paid to teach people about the game I love, I also introduced it to probably 20 or 30 that are still out there throwing.
                            Just a thought.
                            Yes, and we are still trying to undo everything he taught them!

Comment

Hopefully not everything, Ken. I did tell them about Tuesday Twos and what a quality weekly event it is.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X