X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horning's open this weekend?

We want to play hornings in the morning, but it's over an hour away. Anyone know if there are events there this weekend?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by *freeskier View Post
    We want to play hornings in the morning, but it's over an hour away. Anyone know if there are events there this weekend?
    Thanks!
    Yes, there is a concert there this weekend and it won't be open till Monday.

Bob

Comment

We post events that close us both on the Horning's Hideout thread and on www.horningshideout.com. The only other event this year will be Warrior Dash, where we will be closed in September, the 7th through the 12th and reopen on the 13th.

Comment

Which begs the question....what is the warrior dash?

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
          Which begs the question....what is the warrior dash?
          About a 3 mile obstacle running course that is hugely popular and fun. You don't need to be an athlete, just a fun attitude and a will to challenge you or your friends a bit. http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_oregon.php#

Comment

When the course is closed..

I noticed the yellow signs along the road just as you make the turn up the mountain. Do they get removed promtply? I know to turn around when you see the sign stating the "OTHER cars will be towed". You might simply add a sign - DISC GOLF COURESE CLOSED...

Cheers.

Comment

That warrior dash looks interesting. I think I'd rather pound my balls flat with a mallet than enter it though but each to their own.

Comment

The warrior dash is freaking amazing. Possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. Need to get off my ass and get signed up for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                  I noticed the yellow signs along the road just as you make the turn up the mountain. Do they get removed promtply? I know to turn around when you see the sign stating the "OTHER cars will be towed". You might simply add a sign - DISC GOLF COURESE CLOSED...

Cheers.
                  There are three directional signs, one at the HWY 26 exit, one at the Pumpkin Ridge turn, one on the Brunswick Canyon turn that all have additional signage that says we are closed when we have a concert (and they are up now). If those are up we are closed, the other ones may stay up if the concerts are with-in two weeks of each other like the last two events have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    The warrior dash is freaking amazing. Possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. Need to get off my ass and get signed up for this year.
                    The last three heats on Sunday are the only ones still open, better hurry!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                      That warrior dash looks interesting. I think I'd rather pound my balls flat with a mallet than enter it though but each to their own.
                      Warrior Dash is also a heck of a spectator sport, though you might be able to sell tickets to your mallet swinging event too

Comment

Just curious if you all are open today...Tuesday...Would love to head down there and play.

Comment

Originally posted by himynameismatt View Post
                          Just curious if you all are open today...Tuesday...Would love to head down there and play.
                          According to the thread Bob mentioned, and his own website, they are closed through today; reopening tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                            According to the thread Bob mentioned, and his own website, they are closed through today; reopening tomorrow.
                            Actually we cleaned up early, so we are open today instead.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                              Warrior Dash is also a heck of a spectator sport, though you might be able to sell tickets to your mallet swinging event too

How much for the spectators to attend this event?
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X