Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on how to set up a tournament.

To All:

This year, a very good friend of mine lost his mother to a failing liver. Becky was a wonderful women that had nothing but a big heart and a huge laugh. She supported everything that her children did without any question. One of her sons, Casey, is a huge disc golf fanatic. He's actually the person who gave me the bug just a little over 4 years ago.

We are trying to set-up a tournament in her honor that would include some sort of meal, two rounds and a blue's concert afterwards. Her husband is a very accomplished drummer that has toured with many many bands (including Too Slim and the Taildraggers). We would love to host this at Highbridge park in Spokane as it's where her and her husband met a very long time ago.

The questions I have are many and I will try to get them in short wind.

1.) What agencies do I have to contact within the city to host such an event? Will I need multiple permits as we are having disc golf and music?
    2.) What is the best way to approach a disc company to obtain discs with her image on it? We haven't decided what company to work with but are trying to get this settled now.
    3.) Is this something that people would attend? I know disc golf is the main reason that we are all here but would anybody mind music at the same venue?
    4.) Who would I contact to get it scheduled so no other events in the area are going on at the same time? We would like to do it in the beginning of the summer but we are flexible. Really, we just want to see something get done that should would of loved to be at.

I'm sure there are many more questions that I need to think of to make this a great success. I will thank everyone now that helps contribute answers that we can use. I look forward to all the responses.

Thanks
    Stuart "General Scales" Autry
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X