X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Scorecard and other disc golf apps for Android

Thought it wouldn't hurt to start a thread for the aforementioned topic...

First and foremost, a good app to keep track of your score.

Easy Scorecard (Pro) is by far the disc golf tracking app to have. The free version is great but the pro version is AMAZING. You can automatically download course info (it must be previously submitted by another user, however). The developer is great, I have worked with him on several issues/features and every time he replies back to me the same day!

Easy Scorecard

Easy Scorecard Pro ($2.29 and WELL worth it!!)

Just a few reasons why it rules:

-It will track your PDGA SSA score (if an SSA rating is entered for the particular course/tee you are playing)
    -It keeps track of your personal average for EVERY HOLE YOU PLAY.

-There are also several side games that it can track, including: Skins, Stableford, Nassau and Team Nassau. Wagers can be placed and are tracked while the game goes on!!
    -When finished with a round, you can email (I prefer to send to my dropbox, personally) an html scorecard.
    -You also have the option to output as CSV so you can track it in a database on your computer if you prefer.

Here is a snapshot of the completed scorecard.

As an added bonus, but completely optional, courses can be GPS'ed out entirely, including tees and holes. This gives distances to hole for each shot should you be so inclined to pay attention to that.

The physical address, contact phone, and website can also be stored so that all this info is readily available. Just a couple clicks and you can get turn by turn directions to the course, call a course contact, or head to the course website.

One of my favorite features is having an online database that stores course info. Available at: http://easyscorecard.net/. You can enter new course info here (or via the phone app, then upload to online server) so that it is available for other users to readily download into the (Pro) app.

It's a for sure!!!

-------------------

Any other favorite DG apps out there, for keeping score or otherwise??
    Last edited by Simmeltron; August 2nd, 2011, 04:47 PM.
    -

SSA tracking

Originally posted by Hohman View Post
    I can't figure out how to see the ratings, any help?
    Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
    What ratings are you talking about, Hogman?
    The ssa ratings as mentioned by simmeltron
    Hohman, I probably wasn't very clear when I mentioned ssa ratings. My apologies.

What Easy Scorecard tracks is not directly tied into the pdga.com SSA ratings. Rather, what the app tracks is your SSA score on any course that has an SSA rating entered into Easy Scorecard for a particular tee on a course.

For example, I have found the SSA rating on several courses in Spokane from previous tournament ratings. If you download any courses in the Spokane area, there is a good chance you will pickup the SSA rating I entered for the course.

If you are familiar with SSA (in regards to PDGA.com), you know that these ratings change and evolve over time as courses change and evolve (and players' scores as well).

You will see in the screencap I posted that Easy Scorecard will track SSA scores for tees that have an SSA rating entered. A new feature the dev just added was a button you can click to estimate an SSA rating for any course/tee. He mentions that this rating is generated on course length only, not elevation/obstacles/difficulty. So obviously this type of tracking could not coincide with your PDGA.com SSA scores. Instead, it is just another fun way of tracking your progress in the game. I am admittingly a newbie in the world of disc golf. I don't even have a PDGA SSA rating. But I am having tons of fun watching my friends' and my SSA rating change as we battle it out on the course!
    -

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Is there anyway to get the SSA rating put on courses that I am currently playing?

Comment

I have been using the app for quite a while.
        I don't want to undermine it's abilities as it tends to show up on the course and Facebook fairly often.
        I really don't think the last 3 months worth of updates have added anything useful though.

Heck, just starting a round on a new course is an extreme hassle... set up the course, set a tee, remember to come up with a B.S. SSA so you can update it later? Then you start the round only to realize the new guy didn't get his handicap system set to SSA rating and you have to quit the round, edit the player and restart the entire process.

So when I say there is fluff... iImean it isn't always more handy than a pencil and paper.

I wish I could just use one of the earlier versions that just acted as a great scorecard... and was easy to use: Easy Scorecard Pro used to be that program.
        I use the same basic features while it uses a ton more battery power and takes a lot more effort to get set-up for a quick round...

Keep in mind, I am the guy who still uses winxp.
        I find more to be annoying unless it serves a useful purpose.
        More for the sake of more is just the american way though.
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I recently started using the pro version and really enjoy it.

Comment

So when I say there is fluff... iImean it isn't always more handy than a pencil and paper.
            This is one reason I like the Disc Caddy app. It is pretty basic. I would like round ratings but I don't need them either. For someone just wanting to keep score it would be easy to setup a default 18 hole course with everything as a par 3.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Is there anyway to get the SSA rating put on courses that I am currently playing?
              Sure thing. Well you can go with the last OFFICIAL SSA rating for that course if you have it available from the last time it had a registered tourny on it. Otherwise, there is a new feature (in both the app and the website) where it will estimate the SSA rating for you. This is just a rough unofficial estimate based on the length of the course. It is just for fun and can't be considered anything official of course. And it is also completely optional as you don't need to have anything entered to use the app and scorecard.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                I have been using the app for quite a while.
                I don't want to undermine it's abilities as it tends to show up on the course and Facebook fairly often.
                I really don't think the last 3 months worth of updates have added anything useful though.

Heck, just starting a round on a new course is an extreme hassle... set up the course, set a tee, remember to come up with a B.S. SSA so you can update it later? Then you start the round only to realize the new guy didn't get his handicap system set to SSA rating and you have to quit the round, edit the player and restart the entire process.

I wish I could just use one of the earlier versions that just acted as a great scorecard... and was easy to use: Easy Scorecard Pro used to be that program.
                I use the same basic features while it uses a ton more battery power and takes a lot more effort to get set-up for a quick round...

Keep in mind, I am the guy who still uses winxp.
                I find more to be annoying unless it serves a useful purpose.
                More for the sake of more is just the american way though.
                While I have only been using the app for only 3 months myself actually, i can see where you are coming from when you explain it like that.

However, it just seems like you are letting the additional features get the best of you. I can understand how it might be annoying to have to fish through them, but if you don't want to use them they are still all entirely optional, including the SSA rating. Just leave it blank and use the app as a scorecard as it was designed to be. The rating is really meaningless anyways. I mainly care about tracking all the hole/course averages for my regular courses. I'm excited to watch them lower (or raise ) over time. The filter by date option will be cool so I can drill down to a certain time frame and see how my game is evolving.

Anyways, so as to not scare people away who just want a good scorecard, I firmly feel this app is still that. If you don't want to mess with SSA ratings and handicaps, just ignore them! As for battery life, the ONLY thing that should have any noticeable effect is the gps features. They shouldn't be activated unless you use any course navigation or hole location features. But ultimately this can all be remedied by just disabling your GPS. (I keep mine disabled all the time unless I want to use it)

(Finally, Justin, you didn't miss anything in Vista, but Windows 7 is where it's at )
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                  This is one reason I like the Disc Caddy app. It is pretty basic. I would like round ratings but I don't need them either. For someone just wanting to keep score it would be easy to setup a default 18 hole course with everything as a par 3.
                  I hear you. But if all I wanted to do was keep score, I would literally just use paper and pencil. It would be much easier then having to keep my phone handy. The genius of Easy Scorecard is the statistics that it tracks over time for you. (averages per hole and course, etc) You can then output them as a CSV file to input into a spreadsheet if you really wanna nerd out with numbers. So far I just keep an archive of the pretty html scorecards in my Dropbox.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                    I hear you. But if all I wanted to do was keep score, I would literally just use paper and pencil. It would be much easier then having to keep my phone handy. The genius of Easy Scorecard is the statistics that it tracks over time for you. (averages per hole and course, etc) You can then output them as a CSV file to input into a spreadsheet if you really wanna nerd out with numbers. So far I just keep an archive of the pretty html scorecards in my Dropbox.
                    Hell Yeah!!!

I use it. I post my scorecards... especially my good ones.
                    I do keep track of the SSA and ratings stuff for myself and my golfing buddies.
                    I really like the program and would recommend it to anyone.
                    I used to LOVE it...

'tis better to have loved and lost they say...

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                      Hell Yeah!!!

I use it. I post my scorecards... especially my good ones.
                      I do keep track of the SSA and ratings stuff for myself and my golfing buddies.
                      I really like the program and would recommend it to anyone.
                      I used to LOVE it...

'tis better to have loved and lost they say...
                      haha true that.... well on the note of SSA stuff... how do you manage the ratings? Do you just use the estimate function and call it a day or do you use the last official tourney SSA rating (or a combination of both?)

I would like to update all my courses (and upload them to the online course db as well) but just wasn't too sure about this aspect of it all.
                      -

Comment

How do you get to the place

to input the hole lengths?

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
                          How do you get to the place

to input the hole lengths?
                          hyzerbomb, when in the course editing area, go to the Tees tab, add a new tee (if you haven't already). In that area, there is a General tab (where SSA goes if you wish), Par tab (which defaults to the course pars and you can override them as appropriate), and Distances tab. Any more questions/problems let me know!
                          -

Comment

New problem now is that the done button is greyed out and the discard button is active when done inputting hole lengths any clues?

Comment

up until recently PDGA.com had a hidden page where you could look up the SSA for different courses. They have since removed it but updated the search feature.

So... I haven't played with the estimate feature much.
                              I usually try to use the last few tourney's as a basis to calculate my own.
                              I check it by matching up some official round scores online versus the app.
                              It usually works out pretty good.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X