X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Caddy for Android

I have been playing with this app over the weekend. I have to say I am enjoying it. I took a little a time and set it up for playing out at Pier, Lunchtime, and McIver. I entered pars and hole numbers.

I did end up using it this past Sunday at Pier to keep track of the back 9.

Anyone else using this app? What do you think?

Here is the developer blog --

http://disccaddy.blogspot.com/2011/0...on-is-out.html

"Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Easy Scorecard Pro is where it's at!!

Haven't tried that one, but I can tell you from experience that Easy Scorecard (Pro) is by far the disc golf tracking app to have. The free version is great but the pro version is AMAZING. You can automatically download course info (it must be previously submitted by another user, however). The developer is great, I have worked with him on several issues/features and every time he replies back to me the same day!

Easy Scorecard

Easy Scorecard Pro ($2.29 and WELL worth it!!)

Just a few reasons why it rules:

It will track your PDGA SSA score (if it is entered for the particular course you are playing)
    It keeps track of your personal average for EVERY HOLE YOU PLAY.
    You can have it calculate Stableford scoring, if desired.
    When finished with a round, you can email (I prefer to send to my dropbox, personally) an html scorecard.
    You also have the option to output as CSV so you can track it in a database on your computer if you prefer.

Here is a snapshot of the completed scorecard.
    Last edited by Simmeltron; August 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM. Reason: more evidence
    -

Comment

I am using easy scorecard as well (free version) and its pretty cool. I wish i could set pars for each person per hole for when i play with my kids. I play all par 3, my oldest plays par 4 and my youngest par 5. It would be nice to set the pars for them so scoring would be a little easier, but i still get by. I also wish i could bring up the scorecard during the round. As of now i can only look back at each hole individually. Other than that it is pretty sweet and i may upgrade to the pro version to see all the ratings and stats features. I used tally up and i like this one way better...........lg vortex.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

spider I also use the free version and there is a way to view the scorecard throughout the round; hit your options button and its right there. I have been using this app for over six months now and absolutely love it. I even use it during tournament rounds keeping all those who think about cheating with a pencil a second thought. From what simmeltron had to say I am downloading the pro version right now.

Comment

I have had the PRO version for about 6 months now...
          I LOVED this program when it first came out but it is getting bloated.

Easy Scorecard Pro uses a TON more battery with all the GPS additions... yet it just keeps adding junk that often requires another update to fix.
          Greens in regulation, fairways hit, sand shots, distance to front of green, distance to back of green... all fluff for a disc golfer.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I can't figure out how to see the ratings, any help?

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
              I am using easy scorecard as well (free version) and its pretty cool. I wish i could set pars for each person per hole for when i play with my kids. I play all par 3, my oldest plays par 4 and my youngest par 5. It would be nice to set the pars for them so scoring would be a little easier, but i still get by. I also wish i could bring up the scorecard during the round. As of now i can only look back at each hole individually. Other than that it is pretty sweet and i may upgrade to the pro version to see all the ratings and stats features. I used tally up and i like this one way better...........lg vortex.
              Spider-Dan, all you need to do is create separate tees, one for you with your par 3s, one for your oldest at par 4s, and one for your youngest at par 5s. This is all doable with the free app also. And yep as hohman said just hit Menu->Scorecard and you will see a quick view of the entire scorecard. Also keep in mind that this app can track handicaps also if you wish.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                I have had the PRO version for about 6 months now...
                I LOVED this program when it first came out but it is getting bloated.

Easy Scorecard Pro uses a TON more battery with all the GPS additions... yet it just keeps adding junk that often requires another update to fix.
                Greens in regulation, fairways hit, sand shots, distance to front of green, distance to back of green... all fluff for a disc golfer.
                Justin, what about this app is bloated?? Every feature on it is to the point. The detailed settings allow you to tailer the app to your liking. There is a KEY SETTING called Golf/Disc Golf Mode. Set it to Disc Golf Mode. Also, when you start a new round, as long as you don't check any of the Putts, Faiway Hits, G.I.R., and Sand Shots, it is not an issue at all and won't affect you. They are there because this is also a Golf app. I don't use it but I also don't care because it doesn't affect the functionality for Disc Golf.

Besides, these are all things that potentially could be part of the disc golf game. As this sport continues to grow and become more serious in the eyes or sports enthusiasts, these intricate details are very important. If they were not there, then maybe one day people would complain the app is not detailed ENOUGH. I'd rather they be there and I not use them then not having them at all.

As for the new updates that come out, that is just part of the software development lifecycle. Personally, I hate it when people release an app and never update it. The latest update was a feature request I made so that the scorecard output filename is more detailed. That way I can play multiple rounds at a course on one day and keep them separated. That is a feature the dev replied to me about 10 minutes later and said it was no problem.

Further, if the GPS settings are sucking your battery up (I admit it did that to me also, however my 2 year old OG Droid is due for replacement this Sunday, YAY!), just turn your GPS off. Problem solved. But if you are a nerd (like me) and want all the cool features, they are there. They require some setup, but when done properly, they are pretty sweet.

If anybody has any questions about the app please feel free to ask me!
                Last edited by Simmeltron; August 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Hohman View Post
                  I can't figure out how to see the ratings, any help?
                  What ratings are you talking about, Hogman?
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                    I have been playing with this app over the weekend. I have to say I am enjoying it. I took a little a time and set it up for playing out at Pier, Lunchtime, and McIver. I entered pars and hole numbers.

I did end up using it this past Sunday at Pier to keep track of the back 9.
                    Jason, if you like that app and it works for you, then great. But I just thought I ought to mention one huge feature of Easy Scorecard Pro is being able to download courses automatically into the app (if they have been created and uploaded already). I did a search, and all the courses you mentioned are in the database, including, pars AND distances.

"Pier Park 18, Lunchtime 12, McIver East 18, McIver West 9, McIver Full 27" All you need to do is hit Menu->Download Course from the Courses screen. Keep in mind this is with the Pro version, but two dollars and twenty five cents is nothing to us but is VERY important to the developer of this app and keeps him interested in continuing development.

No I am not the dev. Just a rabid fan.
                    -

Comment

I can imagine the course download would be great. I do like that Disc Caddy is directly meant for disc golf and is 100% free.

I may check out Easy Scorecard and will let you know what I think. For the moment if I could redirect this thread back to Disc Caddy I would appreciate further comments on Disc Caddy.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

The ssa ratings as mentioned by simmeltron

Comment

The ssa ratings as mentioned by simmeltron
                          Hohman, please switch over to this thread for Easy Scorecard discussion. I will comment on your question there.
                          -

Comment

Holman & simmeltron thanks for the information.........i will have to use it more to get the full affect. I have use it for about 10 rounds and even though i dont even know 1/4 of what there is to learn..........its great. Thanks again for the advice.
                            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

spider I also use the free version and there is a way to view the scorecard throughout the round; hit your options button and its right there. I have been using this app for over six months now and absolutely love it. I even use it during tournament rounds keeping all those who think about cheating with a pencil a second thought. From what simmeltron had to say I am downloading the pro version right now.
                              I was keeping a personal log (paper & pencil) for awhile, but that got cumbersome. Due to a recent eraser incident, I will now be using an app to record scores for the group at every event.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X