Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf on Yahoo! Sports!

Hell yes!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_yl...ug=ycn-8867281
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Nice. Looks like nearly anyone can be a yahoo contributer. Would be great to see more DG articles in a bigger spotlight.

Next stop, ESPN!

Comment

Nearly anyone... but I am sure that there is some sort of vetting process.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I dunno; the guy who writes articles about the Minnesota Twins on there doesn't seem to have been vetted very carefully.

This whole "contributor" phenomenon makes me really nervous; it's basically blogging masquerading as journalism.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          I dunno; the guy who writes articles about the Minnesota Twins on there doesn't seem to have been vetted very carefully.

This whole "contributor" phenomenon makes me really nervous; it's basically blogging masquerading as journalism.
          It *is* blogging masquerading as Journalism. But it's cheap, and Journalism is in bad shape right now regardless.. plus some of it isn't terrible. After all, how many professional Journalists know enough about disc golf to write a good article on it, let alone a column? The big question is, does this kind of 'Journalism' increase general interest in the sport, or does the fact it's coming from 'contributors' relegate it to the 'for disc golf enthusiasts only' category?

Comment

Nice to see Waller Park and the Santa Maria Open getting some love. A very organized event run by a crew of true aficionados.
            It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

Comment

Yahoo

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Nice. Looks like nearly anyone can be a yahoo contributer. Would be great to see more DG articles in a bigger spotlight.

Next stop, ESPN!
              Just an fyi, anyone can write for the Yahoo Contributor Network, but it doesn't mean it will be published on Yahoo, especially Yahoo Sports. Writers are selected based on previous high quality articles in a particular subject, then they have several test assignments, and if they do well on those, they might get a particular "beat" for sports in a specific category. The articles are still edited and only published if they meet the qualifications. The writer of the disc golf articles is a friend of mine and I've been trying to get into Yahoo myself but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. K.C. was writing for YCN for over a year and a half before getting the beat assignments.

If I can get in, I would love to write articles on disc golf, and if anyone else here is a good writer and a disc golf player you should check it out.

Brooke M.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X