X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milo......Timber Flooding??

any1 go out in the last 2 days how bad is the flooding???

i am guessing that parts of holes 5,6,7,8, maybe 9 would all have water on them to some extent?? with 7,8 being basket deep or worse..maybe 10,11 also......

i saw heli footage on the news of Rivermill dam and shyt was flowing fast/deep over the spillway......

maybe even flood damage at Timber over the creek hole's.....

Any1 go play either courses today??
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

I'm headed out to Milo soon. Anyone have a conditions report?

I will give you all the scoop after I get back.

Comment

Milo is closed...or was yesterday. The gate getting down to the course (the upper gate where you take the first left) was locked. Head over to Timber...lots of down limbs but playable.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Thanks. Checked it out anyway. Still closed today. Had a fun round at Timber while the team golfers were on lunch.

Comment

PGE has closed the gate into Timber due to the new sinkhole beneath the left side of the yellow gate. The whole downriver side of the entry road is washing into shite creek. It will take some serious work to fix it too so it may take a while before we can park inside the park.

But if you park by the outside bathrooms (which were closed today) you can easily play the whole course. Other than a few downed limbs, the course didn't get much damage.
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            PGE has closed the gate into Timber due to the new sinkhole beneath the left side of the yellow gate. The whole downriver side of the entry road is washing into shite creek. It will take some serious work to fix it too so it may take a while before we can park inside the park.

But if you park by the outside bathrooms (which were closed today) you can easily play the whole course. Other than a few downed limbs, the course didn't get much damage.
            It looked to me like the entire culvert under the entrance has been washed out. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire entrance to the park doesn't get closed down once an engineer inspects the damage.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the state parks. They said the course at Milo is still closed due to a landslide, and that hopefully in the next several days they will be able to clean it up and get it opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                Just got off the phone with the state parks. They said the course at Milo is still closed due to a landslide, and that hopefully in the next several days they will be able to clean it up and get it opened.

so did they tell you where it was??

Did it involve the Course itself?

Comment

I called yesterday and spoke with a woman who told me that there was a landslide on the road and that once they repaired that, they would reopen. Eric called today and talked with someone else. Apparently the road and park are back open, but not the disc golf course itself. Weird. Here's a good site to get the latest info on closures and such: http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/breakingnews.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                    I called yesterday and spoke with a woman who told me that there was a landslide on the road and that once they repaired that, they would reopen. Eric called today and talked with someone else. Apparently the road and park are back open, but not the disc golf course itself. Weird. Here's a good site to get the latest info on closures and such: http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/breakingnews.shtml
                    ??

Strange indeed

Thanx 4 the link also

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X