Stat Geeks: Beaver State Fling - MPO Hole by Hole Scoring Analysis Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Geeks: Beaver State Fling - MPO Hole by Hole Scoring Analysis

fun fun fun
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

This was an impressive year for scores! I wish I could make it look that easy

Comment

Interesting stuff. Thanks.

Comment

I call bullshet on E14.... 3 people got 3's on that hole, yeah right... Sorry, but BS... That would take a 500 foot perfect shot around the corner past the 2nd row of guardian trees, then a another 500 foot bomb and then a 200 foot eagle shot... yeah 3 times.. okay... heh... would love to hear the stories about how a 3 was accomplished on this hole... Cuz I still havent gotten a 5 on this in the BSF...

Comment

Thank you for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            I call bullshet on E14.... 3 people got 3's on that hole, yeah right... Sorry, but BS... That would take a 500 foot perfect shot around the corner past the 2nd row of guardian trees, then a another 500 foot bomb and then a 200 foot eagle shot... yeah 3 times.. okay... heh... would love to hear the stories about how a 3 was accomplished on this hole... Cuz I still havent gotten a 5 on this in the BSF...
            Just because YOU can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done

I've only 4'd the long pin three times myself and I know all of the moons had to align just perfectly for that to happen. I am curious though, so I will go back through the data and see exactly who it was who 3'd that hole. My guess is that it involved at least one looooooooong roller.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

hmmm maybe just a couple of 600' rollers, then its just a drop in 3
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I've heard Robbie Bratten can throw some fairly accurate 700+ ft rollers. Granted he wasn't at BSF this year, but I'm sure he's not the only one who can do it.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I am verrry curious who got 3's and how the heck they did it... 600+ rollers on hole 9w and 13w I can believe.. but hole 14E has enough obstacles to make a roller of this magnitude a shot in the dark... Paul McBeth had a 350 and 500+ frozen rope (darr's good vocab for this), and still had a 300+ foot 3rd shot... Last year's lead group did better on this hole but no one was within 200 on their 3rd shot... so I will wait for the answers...

Comment

Hardest par 4 at Milo

Apparently the hardest par 4 this year was....

drum roll please...

hole 6 on the west side. WHAT THE

are you serious? ........

only 13 birdies on this hole the whole time? that's embarrassing. at least i know what hole to look out for next year

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                        Apparently the hardest par 4 this year was....

drum roll please...

hole 6 on the west side. WHAT THE

are you serious? ........

only 13 birdies on this hole the whole time? that's embarrassing. at least i know what hole to look out for next year
                        Yeah, I noticed that as well. 6W is a great hole, but scoring-wise it is a bit of a "tweener" hole. Although we have called it a par 4 for the past few years, the par is really somewhere between 4 & 5. After looking this data over I suspect calling it a par 5 might be more accurate. It really does take 2 nearly perfect shots to give yourself a putt for the 3.

Comment

Hole 6W is a very tough hole. I have played the Fling for the last four years and have only birdied it once. And like Bullseye said, it took two perfect shots. A huge 450ish hyzer-bomb followed by a perfect turnover around the tree at the top of the hill that finished back to the basket for a drop in.

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                            Hole 6W is a very tough hole. I have played the Fling for the last four years and have only birdied it once. And like Bullseye said, it took two perfect shots. A huge 450ish hyzer-bomb followed by a perfect turnover around the tree at the top of the hill that finished back to the basket for a drop in.
                            Did it "feel" like a birdie... or an eagle?

Comment

Mine from last year felt like an Eagle. Especially since I hit it from the top of the hill... blind.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X