Stat Geeks: Beaver State Fling - MPO Hole by Hole Scoring Analysis Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
    what was the effect of the really hard to see red baskets on the field this year? dark red, really?
    The only comment I heard regarding the baskets was that they looked freaking terrific. I heard that comment about 150 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      fun fun fun
      Looks the Genius Hole truly is!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

what was the effect of the really hard to see red baskets on the field this year? dark red, really?
        I had no trouble seeing the baskets, and I have old lady eyes. Love them they look amazing.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

I thought they ROCKED! The baskets looked great and the red was sweet!

Comment

Proof: No matter how much time and effort you put into a project, you just cannot please everyone. Sheesh.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Proof: No matter how much time and effort you put into a project, you just cannot please everyone. Sheesh.
              Yeah, what a douche bag!
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                Yeah, what a douche bag!
                Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... it is Jonesy after all... but he did hurt my feeling. <Sniff>
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... it is Jonesy after all... but he did hurt my feeling. <Sniff>
                  dam your down to just a single feeling.....Running the Fling must be a Rough Motha.

i think you "all" put in a great effort for the disc comm. as a whole.

Red Baskets are so much better than Yellow Baskets

maybe Jonsey just needs to work on his putting??
                  Last edited by NWDiscer; July 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: added a word
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Just coming from the 8% of males that are color blind, the most common type of color blindness is red/green color blind, so they are very hard to see for 8% of the male population. Up close they look very nice but finding a dark red basket in a green background is a challenge. Bright would be a better choice IMO, but you guys worked your butts off and made an amazing event either way. Thanks for all your hard work and Jonesy I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brodys View Post
                      Just coming from the 8% of males that are color blind, the most common type of color blindness is red/green color blind, so they are very hard to see for 8% of the male population. Up close they look very nice but finding a dark red basket in a green background is a challenge. Bright would be a better choice IMO, but you guys worked your butts off and made an amazing event either way. Thanks for all your hard work and Jonesy I feel your pain.
                      Eh, I'm red/green colorblind too.. and while I need someone to help me find my red discs on even short-cut grass, I had no problem spotting the baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                        Eh, I'm red/green colorblind too.. and while I need someone to help me find my red discs on even short-cut grass, I had no problem spotting the baskets.
                        same here. can't find my red or pink discs in the short grass but i didn't have a problem with the baskets... however, color blindness works differently for different people so maybe jonesy really did have a legitimate concern... or maybe he just hadn't heard enough griping about the fling and didn't want hagerty and mittl to think they'd actually done as damn fine a job as anyone could have hoped for or expected...

ha.
                        Last edited by emmarose; July 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                          Strongly colorblind people might only be able to tell about 20 hues apart from each other, with normal color vision this number raises to more than 100 different hues. Severity of color blindness is usually divided into the following four categories: slightly, moderate, strong, and absolute. So I am happy that you could see them, but for the other color deficient folks, like myself, do have a problem seeing them. Just facts of life, I am not saying they should be changed or that every color deficient person cant see them. I was just saying that I have a problem with those color combinations.

Comment

Yeah, my dad had the same issue when he came out to spectate, he finally gave up and went home. I feel bad for those that have difficulties with colors!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there is no color that could be used that wouldn't cause someone to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                I'm pretty sure that there is no color that could be used that wouldn't cause someone to complain.
                                That is sad and probably true. I was not trying to complain, I was just letting people know that it is a problem for a portion of us to actually see that color. I think yellow is a great color and has been fairly successful in being used for baskets for a while. Really gray is fine with me, I just feel Jonesys pain.
                                Last edited by The Brodys; July 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: Because I think not thinks.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X