Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tshirts are nice, however, it is obvious that if a few extra dollars goes into the shirt, more people will wear it and be happy. I wear my BSF and WOX shirts at least once a week. I have refrained from wearing the GNO one cuz if someone sees a Deaf guy wearing a shirt that has misspelled words on it, you know what they gonna think. LOL. To think about it, the top 5 disc golf shirts I wear are all top quality tshirts or nice long sleeve shirts. I think stickers and towels are the worse thing to get in a players pack after the first year of playing tournaments because I just got my 5th towel of the year, bleah.... anyways back to work...

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
      Free shirt is a misnomer... the money for everything in the player's pack comes out of your entry... I like get tournament stuff, discs that I will throw, towels, sitickers, patches, waterbottles... Stuff that I can use for golfing, but I don't think that I have worn any of my MANY tshirts more than once or twice...
      I only need one more t-shirt for my wife to make me a 16 panel Disc Golf Tournament t-shirt quilt!

That being said, I'd like to see more patches, tournament mini's, etc. I'll always want a tournament disc for the wall. And I do like the performance or long-sleeve shirts. Mike Storrs' WO packs are always nice - the umbrella, the seal skinz - I'd bet more players got more use out of those two items than anything else over the years. The umbrellas from 3? years ago are still out in force.

Comment

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
        I only need one more t-shirt for my wife to make me a 16 panel Disc Golf Tournament t-shirt quilt!
        Caloch, I have a new 2006 World's Biggest t-shirt if you want it for your quilt. Where do you live?
        "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Players Packs

Shirts start to get pretty old after 98 PDGA events and counting...

I usually like most of the shirts I get at events but some go straight to goodwill if the design is boring. Most just get buried in a drawer somewhere and I never see them again.

As far as best items in a players pack, I have a bit of a leg up on most thanks to the travel I have done but how about an Innova rolling luggage disc golf bag, a huksit, a metal mini, huklab sweatshirt, shirts with my name and state on them, backpacks with event logos, first run discs, a cooler...the big events give out some really nice stuff. Especially USDGC and Japan
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

DX sux

No more DX plastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
              Caloch, I have a new 2006 World's Biggest t-shirt if you want it for your quilt. Where do you live?

Hey, thanks for the offer, but it's just tournaments that I've played in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                No more DX plastic!
                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Caloch View Post

Guess you'll have to wait until April

On that note, I wonder when the OR series event calendar will come out? Never too early to starting planning (dreaming) the trips.

Comment

Oh yeah, fave players' pack stuff:

09 BSF pack - everything! nice work

07 Willamette Open - Umbrella

08 Willamette Open - Seal Skinz

07 RCO - Discraft Glide/Breeeze (how often do we get to try Discraft without buying it? It was nice to have the P.P. disc switched up)

Also on a related note, when we played the Aspen Sports Treebash Open in Flagstaff last summer, those who placed in Am received a pre-packaged bag o' goodies. I placed 2nd and received a disc, a pair of Smartwool socks, and a sweeeet pair of Arnette sunglasses. Not that I don't like to stand in line waiting to cash script ...not that I cash that often... er, whatever. meh

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post

Also on a related note, when we played the Aspen Sports Treebash Open in Flagstaff last summer, those who placed in Am received a pre-packaged bag o' goodies. I placed 2nd and received a disc, a pair of Smartwool socks, and a sweeeet pair of Arnette sunglasses. Not that I don't like to stand in line waiting to cash script ...not that I cash that often... er, whatever. meh
                      Thats awesome Sarah - I like the idea of getting away from scrip and having predetermined prizes bagged up and ready to go, I have only stayed for one awards ceremony and I was pretty bored at it, even with a CTP and a 2nd place prize to collect. Bags with prizes... hmmm
                      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Those types of prizes generally only work when the tourney has a number of high-paying or donating sponsors. The Treebash is A-tier so they had alot of money and sponsorship. I will say that the players's packs themselves weren't quite so hot, a dx disc, Belgium Brewery Chapstick (?), some stickers, and also a traveler coffee mug (which was kind of cool). Still, we have an excellent group of series staff here in Or. that is committed to giving us a great tourney season, but the A-tier level sponsorship gathering, donation pleading, and cool/appropriate/guy & girl prizes are a bit intense.

But it was pretty cool...

Edit: Also I should add that even though I shared the pre-bagged prizes thing and that the Treebash is an A-tier, the 08 BSF (also A-tier) players' pack, I think, was better overall, and a better value when you consider the amount of dough also put into scrip for those who cashed. :read, not me: hehe
                        Last edited by essjay; January 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I've only played in one tournament, so I only got one player's pack so far. I think hand warmers are a great idea for players packs, and a towel is good. T-shirts are fine, I think I'd rather have a disc, but I don't have very many. Snacks would be good, and chocolate is always nice, as long as it's not a very hot day...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X