Grants Getaways (KGW) Films a session at LL Stub Stewart Disc Golf Course Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grants Getaways (KGW) Films a session at LL Stub Stewart Disc Golf Course

Hey Everyone,

Grant McOmie from KGW filmed a session out at LL Stub Stewart State Park last week with Steve Kruger (Park Ranger and all around cool dude) and myself on the development of the course and the play of disc golf. I just got the notice of the airing of this show so here you go

Thanks Mike!

The segment will air on Thursday at Noon on KGW.

It re-airs Saturday morning @7am and airs throughout Saturday on NWCN (Ch 49 in Portland.)

A longer version of the segment will be posted to the Travel Oregon website on Thursday at Noon as well. http://www.kgw.com/lifestyle/grants-getaways

Finally, I will include the segment in our weekly "Grant's Getaways" program that airs each Saturday @7:30pm on KGW.

It will air in the Fall once our summer rerun season ends.

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

I think our viewers will enjoy your enthusiasm and dedication!

Best,
    Grant
    Last edited by Flash; July 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

sweet. i adore grant mcomie... oh, right, i don't have tv anymore... bother.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

That's alright you can watch it on the internet on a confuser or on a smart Phone thingy majiger!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        That's alright you can watch it on the internet on a confuser or on a smart Phone thingy majiger!
        ... i ain't gots none o' them fancy majigers yer talkin' 'bout neither... i don't get the internets out to my shack...

... i'll have my dad dvr it for me...
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Just watched it. Great job Mike!!
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

I just want to defend myself on the story, I am not one of the best around. I merely had some good tee shots and putts so I assume Grant assumed I was a high caliber player.

It was fun to shoot and I am glad the park is getting recognition. Now I just need to spend more time up there finishing the course and getting it ready for the winter time play. The trails on the course are virutally complete and now the push is to get the debris piles and misc debris off the fairways to make it easier to play and find discs.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I don't know, Mike... I bet you were one of the best around... at that park... that day.

Great piece. Thanks for being such a positive force in our sport.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I just want to defend myself on the story, I am not one of the best around. I merely had some good tee shots and putts so I assume Grant assumed I was a high caliber player.

It was fun to shoot and I am glad the park is getting recognition. Now I just need to spend more time up there finishing the course and getting it ready for the winter time play. The trails on the course are virutally complete and now the push is to get the debris piles and misc debris off the fairways to make it easier to play and find discs.
                There may be better disc golfers but as far as people go you still rank as one of the best around. Thank you for all that you do for our sport.

Bob

Comment

The trails on the course are virutally complete and now the push is to get the debris piles and misc debris off the fairways to make it easier to play and find discs.
                  Yes please! I lost two up there recently. One was recovered and still waiting (I hope) for me to pick it up at the visitor's center. I just don't have the time to drive out there right now.
                  Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Yes Discs can be retrieved from the friends of Stub Stewart in the visitor shop.

The nice lady in there and her husband have called everyone that had a number on their lost disc. If you decide you do not want the disc back let them know and they will see that it gets placed in the Junior disc golf program at the park. These disc will allow youth a chance to play on the course and on the three hole starter course in between the east and west campgrounds.

Until we can get a custom order of disc for Stub Stewart this will be their only opportunity to offer visitors a way to play.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
                      Yes please! I lost two up there recently. One was recovered and still waiting (I hope) for me to pick it up at the visitor's center. I just don't have the time to drive out there right now.
                      I will do my best. If they can get the chipper and stump grinder working I plan to make a mess of the debris and leave wood chips everywhere especially trails, greens and around tee pads.

I am planning to be scheduling several work parties over the course of summer and fall so we all can get out there and get our hands dirty.

Thanks for playing out there and keep in mind, we also know its a rough layout but it will get better and the continued use peaks the interest of the park.
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Can someone point me to the correct URL? The one above doesn't seem to have the most current episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Can someone point me to the correct URL? The one above doesn't seem to have the most current episode.
                          http://bit.ly/Stubb_DG

Comment

Great piece! Awesome job Flash!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1 View Post
                              Great piece! Awesome job Flash!
                              What he said.Flash you are the man,a stuart of disc golf please keep up the great work.
                              PDGA # 31451
                              2 Mini Aces
                              75 Aces
                              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                              DISC GOLF OR DIE
                              BOB CABAL
                              DISCVANGO
                              JEFF ELLIOT
                              G-MAN
                              JORDAN LEWIS
                              JEFF HAGERTY
                              JAMES GARCELON
                              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X