Disc Golf segment on "More Good Day Oregon" (KPTV-12) Wednesday July 6 9 a.m. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disc Golf segment on "More Good Day Oregon" (KPTV-12) Wednesday July 6 9 a.m.

    I'm told a segment on Disc Golf will air on More Good Day Oregon (Channel 12 - KPTV) tomorrow, Wednesday, July 6th sometime during the 9am hour long show. The segment was filmed at Leverich Park a couple weeks ago with Stephanie Kralevich (@StephKralevich) spending an hour at the park with yours truly and camera guy "Doug".

    I haven't seen how it all got edited together, but it is a pretty basic, how do you play the game, type segment.


    Stephanie Kralevich

  • #2
    P.S. It may be available online after the fact. I'll be sure to add a link if I find one.

    Comment


    • #3
      So far they are not winning my approval as they continue to call it "frisbee golf".

      But I do appreciate the coverage.
      Last edited by mrDROCK; July 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM.
      Disc golf ruined my life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Watch live if you are at work:
        http://www.kptv.com/category/210121/watch-fox-12-live

        Comment


        • #5
          It was a pretty good video, mostly because of the regular views of Stephanie's backside.
          Disc golf ruined my life.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great video segment...again. And Steve, you are the best, well done. Although I'm looking forward to the story that is not another primer on the sport, but an update. But I've been waiting a while so what's another 36 years....bottom line, if it takes intro story after intro story it's all good.
            educate your thinking

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
              It was a pretty good video, mostly because of the regular views of Stephanie's backside.
              Classy.
              Oregon disc golf map

              Comment


              • #8
                Watch recorded segment at http://bit.ly/KPTV_DG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seems like he should have given her something more under-stable...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great job Steve!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jessenumber1 View Post
                      Seems like he should have given her something more under-stable...
                      Like the 150g Eagle she was throwing or the 160g Roadrunner? Got to work on some basic mechanics before you can start worrying about the disc aerodynamics.

                      She did improve a lot, once we got her following through, as evidenced near the end with a 160+ gram Katana that actually flew with a bit of an "S" curve.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        omg the end of that video was like 5 uncomfortable seconds too long. Steve your eye brow raise at the last second had me rolling. I watched the last ten seconds of the video like three times.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wog View Post
                          Like the 150g Eagle she was throwing or the 160g Roadrunner? Got to work on some basic mechanics before you can start worrying about the disc aerodynamics.

                          She did improve a lot, once we got her following through, as evidenced near the end with a 160+ gram Katana that actually flew with a bit of an "S" curve.
                          Good first disc for a non-frisbee or disc player is a putter or a zephyr! Like you said basic mechanics are needed before power, snap and aim can be worked into the mix.
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
                            So far they are not winning my approval as they continue to call it "frisbee golf".

                            But I do appreciate the coverage.
                            ... i called it frisbee golf until 2 years ago when i got made fun of at one of the chick flick monthlies... then i made a concerted effort to say "disc" instead of "frisbee" and "disc golf" instead of "frisbee golf"... but i do find that often people do not know what your talking about when you say "disc golf" and you have to call it "frisbee golf" so they get what you're talking about...

                            anyway, just don't make fun of me, okay? i'm just old school. can't help it.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, I say "frisbee golf" if I get the sense people might have NO idea what I'm talking about if I say "disc golf."
                              Oregon disc golf map

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X