Disc Golf segment on "More Good Day Oregon" (KPTV-12) Wednesday July 6 9 a.m. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Yeah, I say "frisbee golf" if I get the sense people might have NO idea what I'm talking about if I say "disc golf."
    I say frisbee golf when people don't know what I am talking about and then I tell them it is called disc golf and explain why, and then I brutally correct them every time they say frisbee golf going forward. And I say "ball golf" every time I discuss that sport!

Comment

for us old timers (not you em...wink wink)it will always be frisbee golf as that was what we had when we started, frisbees, not all this high tech feldercarb of today...and thank the gods for it...let's us old farts still play...when folks ask me..."what?!" I just say, "I throw things."
      educate your thinking

Comment

I will say that her putting style is, unique. What I wonder now is if she has gotten the disc golf fever. She seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit during that segment. My favorite part was the mulligan . I loved how energetic she was for it too. Threw it and started running for before it had stopped rolling. We need more things like that on the news.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          My favorite part was the mulligan . I loved how energetic she was for it too. Threw it and started running for before it had stopped rolling.
          10-second rule!! If you can retrieve it and return to the tee pad within 10 seconds, you get a free mulligan. At least that's how my friends and I play.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
            Like the 150g Eagle she was throwing or the 160g Roadrunner? Got to work on some basic mechanics before you can start worrying about the disc aerodynamics.

She did improve a lot, once we got her following through, as evidenced near the end with a 160+ gram Katana that actually flew with a bit of an "S" curve.
            Sorry, I just noticed it drop really quick so I figured it wasn't a 150 or anything specific for her.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              but i do find that often people do not know what your talking about when you say "disc golf" and you have to call it "frisbee golf" so they get what you're talking about...

anyway, just don't make fun of me, okay? i'm just old school. can't help it.

That does make sense. And I will try not to make fun of you... TRY.
              Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Classy.
                I'm sorry, she is pretty cute.
                Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
                  I'm sorry, she is pretty cute.
                  There's a difference between noting that someone is cute and singling out parts of his or her below-the-neck anatomy.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

There's a difference between noting that someone is cute and singling out parts of his or her below-the-neck anatomy.
                    Yes, it's only shameless to do that around strictly men in a non forum setting. Otherwise, even those who agree with you will try and make you look bad.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X