X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro wish list

I was just thinking about what pros I would feel privelaged to play a round of dische time to narrow it to with I know any and all of them would be sweet so I took to my top 5 no particular order

Dion - Local guy local courses = sweet
    Dave Feldberg - has been a world champ
    Val/Avery Jenkins - both always seem to be in control of their rounds
    Nicco - doesn't throw Discraft or Inoova and wins tournies
    Eric McCabe - He was super cool at a clinic I was at would love a complete round

I'mlooking forward to seeing everyones list and maybe some of us might be lucky enough to play a round with someone on our lists.

Nikko throws buzzz ' s and destroyers only about half his bag is actually gateway. Gateway lets their pros throw a mixed bag

Comment

1. The Champ, Ken Climo.
      2. The Machine, Dave Feldberg.
      3. Avery Jenkins-- Prince of Disc.
      4. Barry Schultz-- but he'd have to take off the headphones.
      5. Will 'the thrill' Schusterick-- silky smooth.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
        I was just thinking about what pros I would feel privelaged to play a round of dische time to narrow it to with I know any and all of them would be sweet so I took to my top 5 no particular order

Dion - Local guy local courses = sweet
        Dave Feldberg - has been a world champ
        Val/Avery Jenkins - both always seem to be in control of their rounds
        Nicco - doesn't throw Discraft or Inoova and wins tournies
        Eric McCabe - He was super cool at a clinic I was at would love a complete round

I'mlooking forward to seeing everyones list and maybe some of us might be lucky enough to play a round with someone on our lists.
        Right on, thanks for the vote

Oh, and Nikko throws mostly (90%) Innova, has a buzzz and putts with Voodoos now (was Magics for a while and Wizards before that). I believe he also has a Spirit in the bag. But since I've been on tour he throws almost all Innova off the tee and putts Gateway. Not trying to be a jerk, thats just how it is. I would be apart of that card any day though - Val, Ave, EMAC, Nikko and Borg. Good times...
        Team DISCRAFT
        NW Sign Up
        Gorilla Boy
        Paragon Disc Golf
        Odwalla

Comment

Top Five Pro Wish List, Men.

1.) Steve Rico. 1000 rated, not sponsored, throws a mixed bag, kills it across the country.
          2.) Dion Arlyn. Throws backhand and forehand with equal skill and confidence. Makes my head hurt to watch.
          3.) Gregg Barsby. Seems like the type of guy who you'd see playing a round with a beer in one hand and a mid in the other. Then he goes out on tournament day and destroys.
          4.) Philo Brathwaite. Always smooth. Always composed. Love the name too.
          5.) Will Schusterick. Just to watch my self esteem get destroyed by a kid that was born by time I was 12.

Wish List for The Ladies.
          1.) Paige Pierce. She throws further then 95 percent of the people I play with and she's so tiny.
          2.) Liz Lopez. From my birth place (SAN ANTONIO REPRESENT!)
          3.) Valerie Jenkins. Kills it every tournament. Would love to watch her rip them down the fairway.
          4.) Des Reading. Been killing it longer than most have even known about the sport.
          5.) Sarah Hokom. She has a side arm that makes my side arm look like a three year olds.

There are so many, really it's hard to stop at 5.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Tiger Woods
            Jack Nicklaus
            Arnold Palmer
            Lee Travino

Just cause I want to wipe the course with ball golf's legends.

Comment

Originally posted by dan mc View Post
              Nikko throws buzzz ' s and destroyers only about half his bag is actually gateway. Gateway lets their pros throw a mixed bag
              thats true... he throws all sorts of companies discs, and he curb stomps his bag regardless of what discs are in it.

oh and i would want to play with

Dave Feldberg... classy guy, great form, super chill.
              Ken climo... the CHAMP how could you not want to play with him.
              josh anthon... dudes putts are out of this world. plus hes got a swagger about him that gets me pumped up
              Barsby ... hommie, havent played a round with him yet but he doesnt have that big an ego and just loves the game of disc. doesnt ride the "im a PRO and i only play with pros" train.
              and...
              Nikko... cause i want to whoop his ass. i think beating him in a tournament round would make me smile for days. cherry on top if i get him to throw his bag
              Last edited by XandorF; July 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Ambitious since Nikko currently has the third highest rating of all time...

Comment

Justin Ashton - Highest rated Deaf Pro, 3 time National Deaf Champion; 2008, 2009, 2011 - made me the player I am today and ironically I almost beat him for 2011 title. Fun to talk with.

Kent Schafer - Only sponsored Deaf disc golfer by a major disc manufacturer, DGA; previous DDGA president and my mentor in all thing disc golf. Great intellectual and mature for age, people think he is much older than he really is.

Ricky Cornish - 2007 Deaf National Champion - Funny as HECK! Good times guaranteed.

Dain Sivak - 2010 National Deaf Champion - 1st to play USDGC, righty turned lefty, humble and genuine conversations every time.

Tan Nguyen - Smooth Lefty, makes it look so easy off the tee, 1st Deaf serious player I met

Robin Johnson - who doesn't like Robin, hits the sickest putts all the time.

For hearing players, every Deaf player will pick those players who understand how to communicate with Deaf either through actual ASL or know how to use body language in both expression and comprehension; those who try are well respected. No particular order but each one of these has proven to be able to communicate efficiently with Deaf players on tour. There are more, but these stick out in 2011.

1. Paul McBeth - Had a female Deaf Disc Golfer as his ASL teacher in HS, had a Deaf caddie in his BSF win in 2011 and hung out at the DDGA booth at BSF after his win.

2. Garret Guthrie - Knows some ASL and knows how to communicate.

3. Nate Doss - good use of body language and tries to pick it up
                  4. Nate Sexton - good use of body language and tries to pick it up
                  5. Jay Reading - good use of body language and tries to pick it up
                  6. Val Jenkins - good use of body language and tries to pick it up - has had several Deaf caddies, had a Deaf woman dg'er noob caddy her 1st rd at BSF
                  Last edited by snap7times; July 8th, 2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

From the first moment I saw a group of deaf discers out on an organized day a lightbulb went off in my head as to how perfectly it matches disc. I love the use of body language on the course and there is no more satisfying discing for me as when the whole group I am playing with can communicate the game flow with nothing but glances and gestures.

There is something so peaceful about being able to play without a words exchange. Not that I'm opposed to any chat on the course, it has it's place but sometimes I just don't want to talk on the course. Compliments on nice shots are cool too but if everyone is playing well, or for whatever other reasons, silent, focused play is great as well.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X