X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning found plastic...

Ok so we all know the "rule" of disc golf: If you find a disc and its not yours, try to return it to the owner.. This is the first rule of disc golf told to me 20 years ago... Aparently I return alot of plastic as I was informed by a fellow player that todays return is #15 for the month. Realy I dont mind but at some point can I find my own damn plastic that I had to look for in the first place??
    Better yet I should work on the idea of not loosing plastic first, then show others how not to loose plastic...
    Hopefuly the fellow that left his 1993 worlds DX Roc in the parkinglot of white river DGC will read this and remember DO NOT loose plastic.. Your welcome.
    Thanks to the players that return plastic. A true sign of a real disc golfer
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

I think it's the 3rd rule but still worth mentioning (Have fun and do no harm to others being 1 and 2). I've been trying to return plastic a lot recently but people seem to not care! I'm serious. I've made 4-5 calls this month myself and no one has ever called me back. 1-2 were really nice discs.
    FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

I try and return anything that I find. I returned a disc to a fellow that had been lost for three years. Found it at Farragut. Called the guy and he was more than ecstatic. Just wish people would return the favor to me since I lose something about every 2-3 weeks.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

So I do my best to get a disc back to its owner, but sometimes you never get a call back from the messages you leave.

I am curious what everyone feels is the reasonable amount of time to wait after attempting to contact the owner before you add their disc to your bag, or possibly trade it in at Next Adventure.

What does everyone think? 3 months? 1 year?
        Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

I believe the appropriate time is different for everyone. I hold them for 6 months.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            I believe the appropriate time is different for everyone. I hold them for 6 months.
            I only hold them for a few minutes.

I hide them somewhere on the course. Say, three steps south of the garbage can on hole 3, in the bushes under some leaves.

Then I call the owner telling them where it is.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
              I only hold them for a few minutes.

I hide them somewhere on the course. Say, three steps south of the garbage can on hole 3, in the bushes under some leaves.

Then I call the owner telling them where it is.

Problem solved.
              Some guy called me about 3 years ago and told me this. I went and got my plastic, when I bent down to get my disc I found another disc. I called and it was the guy that put my disc where it was!! Wierd right??

If I dont get a responce from my call I return the found disc to Mandos in Auburn.
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I always, always, always, call the number on a disc right away and make arrangements to get the disc back to the rightful owner...even if it means driving way out of my way to get it to them if they can't meet up on the course -- since many have done that for me in the past.

Even better, I just got a disc back from the raging waters of the mighty Spokane river, thanks to Aaron the DiscDiver. This guy dons a wetsuit and braves the current to bring in dozens of discs and calls every number several times. What's amazing is the amount of discs he finds with NO ink! Seriously, people: put your name on your plastic!

However, there are plenty of individuals that will gladly keep your plastic and make little or no effort to return it....karma karma karma
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
                  So I do my best to get a disc back to its owner, but sometimes you never get a call back from the messages you leave.

I am curious what everyone feels is the reasonable amount of time to wait after attempting to contact the owner before you add their disc to your bag, or possibly trade it in at Next Adventure.

Just ask yourself what would you want someone to do for you? I always call and then if I dont get an answear I turn the disc in to the local course pro.

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post

3 weeks!
                    :explode:InnovaPyro:shooting::smash:

Comment

If I haven't heard back in a couple of weeks of trying it becomes a loaner/ fodder for 13 @ Corbin Park. I always try and will go out of way to return because I'm always so happy to get mine back. :-)

Comment

Since I don't freight them out, and because Lucky Mud is so far off the beaten track, I hold them until someone asks me about the disc I called them (or their friend) about three years back.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          Since I don't freight them out, and because Lucky Mud is so far off the beaten track, I hold them until someone asks me about the disc I called them (or their friend) about three years back.
                          you can actually slap postage right on the disc and send it back for under $2 typically. I've done this a handful of times....

Once I got a call from a guy in Kansas trying to return a disc I lost in Pennsylvania.

It's starting to boil down to what kind of plastic you throw, who finds it, and how well marked your disc is.....

I almost never get calls from people outside my playing circle.....maybe I need to stop throwing $100 plastic.....nah, life's too short
                          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I will always call if there is a number. Returned quite a few but deffinatley have a few in the bag that no one called back for. Found a lot of new discs with no name and number aswell so thats just a nice bag bonus.
                            10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

I've had a guy find my disc, called me and left a message, said he put it in that famous tree on hole 10 with the hole in the middle of it. Great, but the course is in Maryland and I'm in Oregon... damn...

And when I find someone else's disc, I usually lick it and put it in my bag...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X