X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Taloali update

Working on a summer schedule for players to be able to come during certain times during the summer. Will know in the next week or so. For now, the last day is June 21st. Campers arrive on the 22nd.
    Also, I am personally encouraging players to put at least $1 in the donation box every time they play there. In the past month, there has been over 200 players and less than $30 in the donation box.
    We just put up a new kiosk and we really want to make this course better and better and at the same time be able to contribute to the Camp in the projects it needs to complete. We raised $1200 at the last fundraiser and Conoco Philips put up $650 so we could buy a $1800 playground kit that will go up this summer! This will be the first playground improvement in over 15 years!
    I really want to rev up the contributions from the disc golf community to the camp overall as the projects are starting to pile up at the camp with no money coming in, and the donation box plays a huge role. Frankly I was embarrassed when the caretaker reported to me that there was no money left over after he used the money for gas to keep the course beautiful for the players.
    I want to be able to tell people that disc golfers contributed to the youth that attend Camp Taloali.
    Last edited by snap7times; June 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM.

Are we cool to just show up whenever and play there? Hoping to get the Hagg crew out there soon and we will glady contribute
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Snap,
      I don't play out there to much, but I always put in 2 to 3 dollars when I play.
      Maybe you need a bigger sign for the donation box.

Come on disc golfers, donate a couple bucks when you play!

Comment

Yup, only played once but definitely put my $5 in for Sheila and I. It sounds like this $ is being put to good use so help a course out yo!
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

CEfire - you need to go down there soon, your review on dgcoursereview is irrelevant now... the course has changed dramatically.
          We plan on posting up laminated signs on the kiosk through the next few weeks to make sure everyone knows sup w donation box, course design, camp updates and courtesy rules bsbsbs...
          As copy pasted from the dgcoursereview page; although it is mostly available most of the time until June 21st!
          The course is not always available for public use; before playing, please make arrangements in advance with the caretaker at taloalidiscgolf@aol.com or 503-400-6546 (phone number goes to videophone interpreter).

Comment

Yeah, I know I would love to get another round soon but the 6 or so hour drive one way is a wee bit far!
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
              Yeah, I know I would love to get another round soon but the 6 or so hour drive one way is a wee bit far!
              Good thing they have cabins a few hundred feet away from hole 18 right? Hot showers, a huge fire pit, and bbq grill near the cabins ready to go and......

Darn that 6 hour drive... if you like fishing, the santiam right there is great fishing as well...

Comment

Thanks to the money fundraised, Camp Taloali was able to jump start their new playground project, this is phase 1 funded by the fundraiser held in May plus the money raised from the donation box at hole one of the Jerry Miller DGC. So, keep putting in money in the donation box, it does wonders for the course mainteance and projects for the kids!

Comment

Awesome job folks! I'm sad I missed out on this course so far.
                  FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    Thanks to the money fundraised, Camp Taloali was able to jump start their new playground project, this is phase 1 funded by the fundraiser held in May plus the money raised from the donation box at hole one of the Jerry Miller DGC. So, keep putting in money in the donation box, it does wonders for the course mainteance and projects for the kids!
                    That is wonderful! Will look forward to see all those kids playing on it during 30th World Deaf Timberfest next month!!
                    PDGA 38506
                    ODDGA 27
                    DDGA 176
                    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X