X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Recommendation - Portland

Planning on going out for my 1st time in Portland and in over a 1.5 years...was hoping I could get some direction to the 1st course I should play within 30-45 minutes of SW Portland. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Originally posted by mgoblue1986 View Post
    Planning on going out for my 1st time in Portland and in over a 1.5 years...was hoping I could get some direction to the 1st course I should play within 30-45 minutes of SW Portland. Any recommendations are appreciated.
    Pier Park or Timber would be good courses for a re-addiction round.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Pier Park or Timber would be good courses for a re-addiction round.
      I second these courses.
      According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

horning's

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I was able to find Pier Park and Hornings, but I couldnt find anything on Timber. Any help...

Comment

timber is in Estacada right off the main highway (224) just north of town. If you are in SW, I'd just stick to Horning's. There are 3 courses there of varying skill level.

Comment

dgcr.com is a great site for info on dg courses

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I was able to find Pier Park and Hornings, but I couldnt find anything on Timber. Any help...
                http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...read.php?t=170

Pier first, then Horning's Hideout.

Comment

Pier, Horning's, and Timber are all good choices. From SW Portland, Pier is the closest but Horning's is the best bang for your buck, especially if you want to make a whole day of it.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

... hit pier up early (like mid-morning) or else the mob scene sorta takes away from the experience... but horning's is a great way to make a day of it with all three courses to play...
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations...Will Definitely have to check these all out over the next couple of weeks

Comment

Timber Park or Milo

Comment

About time someone recommended the best course in the West: Riverbend at Milo McIver State Park in Estacada OR.
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

milo mciver, hornings hideout, stub stewart. my 3 favs.

Comment

What kind of course are you looking for? How about challenge 1-10? Time of play? Terrain?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X