• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Players Challenge

NPC TOUR

NPC National Championship
    The TOP TWO players in each division at an NPC first chance qualifier will
    be awarded a bid to represent and compete in the NPC National Championship.

All PDGA reps will have an automatic bid to use foror to give away in their state.

First chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each state to host the states first bid process. Players will have until April 1st leading up to the NPC championship to pay for a membership and pre-register for the NPC championship.

Second chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each
    state to host the states second opportunity to award bids into the NPC championship. This bid is given to IN-State players only. All players
    are allowed to compete in this event, but only the in-state players are awarded
    the bid. Four bids will be awarded at the second chance qualifiers.

Last chance qualifier: is an NPC sanctioned event that is held in Arkansas to give players a chance to make the last bid into the championship. All players are welcome to compete and any player has a chance to earn a bid.
    Only the top five players in each division will receive the bid.

*Any player can travel to any state in order to compete in the first chance qualifiers. Example: You did not qualify at your state? Travel to another
    state and give it a try there.

*If players have qualified already and place ahead of you, the bids slide down to the next best score. Example: You place 3rd at a first chance
    qualifier and the top 2 players have already qualified, then you receive the bid.

National Players Challenge
    Thats right! It is finially here. It has gone through some major changes and updates to fit the disc golfing needs and wants.

Check it out at [www.npctour.com]
    This is a membership based tournament series that has finially begun.

National Players Challenge
    $30 Membership
    Includes:
    $2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
    2011 Hot Stamp Disc
    Membership I.D. Card
    NPC Sticker
    Lifetime Member Number
    Quarterly e-newsletter
    Access to Website & Discussion Board
    Qualify to compete in Your NPC second chance qualifier
    Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship
    Renewal Membership:
    Includes:
    $2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
    Current Years Hot Stamp Disc
    Updated Membership I.D. Card
    NPC Sticker
    Quarterly e-newsletter
    Qualify to compete in your NPC second chance qualifier
    Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship

Comment

Top 10 Benefits of the National Players Challenge

1 No Non member fees
      2 A website that shows you how much money is added daily to the NPC Championships. www.npctour.com
      3 Events offered across the country
      4 Affordable memberships with renewal packages that can't be beat.
      5 A lifetime member number that is linked to your name to have the correct spelling with your players stats
      6 $2 Discount to all NPC events for current members
      7 Discussion forum for all clubs to have their own topic. A way to update your club news, mini events, club tournaments and more. . . .
      8 NPC college scholarship program set up for the players who want to jump start their college dreams
      9 NPC championship held on memorial day weekend to give those players an opportunity to play disc golf and have Monday off from work.
      10 A professional staff dedicated to the players needs.

Comment

If you have a graduating senior of 2012..........get involved! The National Players Challenge is giving away a college scholarship to a graduating senior of 2012!

Requirements: Must be a NPC member, Must have a 3.0 GPA, and Must have two references.

This is free money for college.......want to learn more? Go to www.npctour.com or email the National Players Challenge at npctour@live.com

Comment

Tournament Directors: we are calling on you to bring a Natiional Players Challenge event to your state! This does not have to be a new event, combine it to an existing event! Each state has two events to host. Give your disc golfers a chance to qualify for the NPC Championship and represent their state.
          We are gearing up for something special at this championship event and look forward to having players from many states represent.

We have just added Missouri and Oklahoma to the list of states to represent. Make sure you get them in before December 31, 2011.

For more questions: send them to npctour@live.com

Comment

Just a quick heads up. There have been a few questions that needed to be cleared up.
            This event is a qualifier only. You must qualfiy in an NPC event in order to play in the championship. Each state has the opportunity to host two of them. The top 4 players in each division will earn their spot to play.
            Once qualified: You must become a member of the NPC and register for the event by April 1st, 2012.
            The championship is May 26-27, 2012 memorial day weekend.
            Players do not want to miss out on this event.

Here is an example of what to look forward to:
            Entry Fee into the event once qualified = $70 (You will receive this back in your custom players pack)

Current added cash to tournament.........As of May 20, 2011..... it was $500
            Current added cash to tournament.........As of June 10, 2011...........$2,500

Again, I am working very hard at raising money and acquiering SPONSORS for this event. Goal: $10,000 added
            Currently need: $7,500

Comment

What's up, local TDs? If I were still running events, I would at least show some interest...
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I looks to me like $300+ out of a tournament's budget is a little to much for all the interest being shown here.

As for my own personal opinion...Sounds great but it's hard to show interest in Another championship tourny East of the Mississippi. Like it isn't hard enough for some of us to travel to an in state tournament. Again...that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                  I looks to me like $300+ out of a tournament's budget is a little to much for all the interest being shown here.

As for my own personal opinion...Sounds great but it's hard to show interest in Another championship tourny East of the Mississippi. Like it isn't hard enough for some of us to travel to an in state tournament. Again...that's just my opinion.
                  In terms of budget, typically these fees are coming from the disc sales of the payout. With the region your in, dual sancioning the event with PDGA and NPC will require with $3 for PDGA or $2 depending on the Tier of your event. This is completely understood.
                  Not everyone will have the opportunity or capability to travel to Arkansas and make the trip to this fantastic event. Completely understood there as well. Tournament Directors might not be able to make it to this event either, but players who do play and receive the spot to represent might love the opportunity to make the trip. There have been many emails sent from Oregon asking about how they can learn more on hosting an event.
                  Take the USDGC event in South Carolina. This is a major event hosted each year that players would love to participate in. Do most of them think they can cash? No really. So what is the reason they go? From what I have heard, it is the experience itself. The professionalism, atmosphere, players packs, side events, etc . . .
                  The goal for the NPC is the same. We are hoping that once you have the chance to participate in this event, you will then see how prestigious this event will be.

The next big achievement we are looking for is the National Players Challenge College scholarship. Each state has a player somewhere looking for an opportunity to cut some cost to go to college. We are giving out $500 to a graduating senior of 2012. What is the best part? For every $500 we raise, we will give a scholarship out. We have already had an email sent from Oregon, South Dakota, and all of the surrounding states of Arkansas asking about how to get involved with receiving this scholarship.

The two events each state has to offer will help with these scholarships and aid these juniors for college.

Sounds great but it's hard to show interest in Another championship tourny East of the Mississippi. Like it isn't hard enough for some of us to travel to an in state tournament.

Again, completely understand this point. Also, this is not just another championship or comparison to state championships. This will and is a National Players Challenge event. This will be a fantastic event that will grow to be huge. Players will want to play this event each year and hope to earn their bid.

All TD's in Oregon, we are confident you do not want to miss out on this event. That is why we are giving you a bid to play if you host one of the two qualifiers for your state. All it takes is someone to step up and give not just yourself a chance, but the many other disc golfers an opportunity.

Comment

Sorry if you got the impression I was trying to talk anyone out of this tournament.

I would not do that.

For the scholarship alone, I hope The NPC goes off better than you hope.

Comment

Tournament Directors! We are looking for you. As you know by now, the National Players Challenge is a qualifier only event. The Championship is May 26-27, 2012 and only you can get players from your state qualified. Host an event and you will receive a TD exemption into the event.

Players from each state will want to play this event in Russellville, AR. Added cash will be updated frequently here: http://npctour.com/npc-champs-added-cash/
                      Contact us at npctour@live.com for details on how to host one of these events. Each state has TWO to host!
                      Last edited by npctour; June 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The 2nd chance qualifier for Arkansas finished this weekend adding many new qualifiers to play in the NPC Championship May 26-27, 2012. Here is an update for added cash into the tournament.

$2686.50 Added to NPC Championship

$85.00 Added to NPC College Scholarship Fund (based off of 4 events) *For every $500.00 raised, we will be giving out a new scholarship to a graduating high school senior in 2012.

We have events lining up and organizing dates for qualifiers. These will be posted soon. TD's if you are interested in hosting one for your state, email us at npctour@live.com.

You can see an updated list of player qualified here: http://npctour.com/eligible-competitors-2011/

Comment

The National Players Challenge Updated Forum is now up and running.

If you have a club and not a forum page? Ask about the NPC Club Page. You can get your club involved by adding your club page and post updates, mini events, tournaments, work days, meetings and more.

Enjoy!

Want to sponsor the National Players Challenge and support the NPC College Fund? Send a PM and we will set you up. Check out the current sponsors listed on the site. www.npctour.com

Comment

The National Players Challenge has reached the front page of the PDGA website! Take a look and view the article.

Plus, go to http://npctour.com/npc-forum/?mingle...viewtopic&t=22 register and reply to the forum page under General Discussion "National Players Challenge Contest" the first 200 registered replies will be entered to WIN a free NPC Membership! If you already have a membership, then you will receive $30.00 cash back!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X