X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why I hate disc golf" By Lance Adkins

I goggled "disc golf" for a quick link to the PDGA web page and came across this article 3 google selections below. It was written yesterday and absolutely disgusts me! I'm not very Web/Computer savvy and couldn't figure out how to let this asshole have it.

His name is Lance Adkins and he lives somewhere in Washington State

Here is his page-
    http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/10...ce_adkins.html

Here is HIS article that come up when you google "disc golf"

Tilted- Why I hate disc golf

"I go to the park to enjoy nature in solitude and serenity. I don't go to parks to be bothered by women pushing strollers, out of control dogs or disc golfers. Disc golfers are usually annoying teens. These teens are
    AdChoices

loud, boisterous, smelly and interrupt my me time with their annoying antics.

I can't understand why people would use a Frisbee for golf. It makes no sense. Frisbees are made to be joyfully tossed between friends or to be hurled violently at passers by. There is no middle ground.

Using an object that can be easily influenced by the wind as a golf ball is folly. Why can't they see this? That's right, they're teens.

They are called "Frisbees" and not "discs!" No one is fooled by this clever play of words. Everyone knows disc golf is basically people throwing Frisbees at metal nets. I don't see the reason to call it disk golf instead of Frisbee golf. Maybe they should just use discuses and call it discus golf. Not only would it make more sense, but it would likely be more fun and dangerous. Both pluses in my book.

Playing Frisbee or golf is more fun than playing disc golf. Disc golf is less fun than the sum of its parts. Its like the inventors took two unrelated fun things and thought it would be a good idea to slap them together, with banal results. I would much rather toss a disc or play a round of golf than waste my time with this nonsensical sport.

Disc golf is boring beyond belief. It is has way too much standing around and watching someone else throw a Frisbee. When I see someone throw a Frisbee, I want to throw one myself. To stand around waiting my turn while someone else throws a Frisbee fills me with rage and ennui. Feelings I don't want to be feeling when discs are present.

It is called Disc golf and not Frisbee golf. This makes no sense! Golf isn't called golf ball golf! And if you're going to add what you're using to the title, you might as well call it Frisbee golf! Or you can just call it what it is: Teens dicking around lamely with Frisbees."

The end-

Am I the only one pissed off that when you goggle "disc golf" this bullshit is near the top for everyone to see?

If this idiot had the nerve to say this to my face I'd bust his right open!

Matt-

The dude likes fantasy football and final fantasy - clearly his taste-buds aren't working
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Lance is obviously making a big hit with his various screeds.

Fans
      None yet.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

avoid visiting this page, you are just going to bump his page visits and encourage his stupidity. I'd like smack him upside the head with a "frisbee" and a "disc" and see if he still thinks there the same thing!

Comment

"Frisbees are made to be joyfully tossed between friends or to be hurled violently at passers by. There is no middle ground." This cracked me up!!! Clearly the poor guy hasn't seen anyone throw who actually knows what they are doing. Plus, it's someone's dumbass blog. I think we'll all live...

Comment

WOW! This is either a troll of some sort or he was reaching for a topic to write about. I assume he is a young person, but he sounds like the oldest blow hard of all time. The funny thing was, he could of gone up to any of those "damn teens" and they would of gladly explained what disc golf is actually about, and could of written a more informed article, but I am guessing he wasn't going for fair and balanced. I almost want to make a yahoo account just to yell at him, but I am just lazy enough not to do it.

The best part is he is probably excited that his page is getting so many hits, too bad it is all people who wont be hitting his fan button anytime soon.

Comment

It seems a pretty popular blog coming up 3rd on Bing when you search "Disc Golf"

Yeah your're right we'll all live but, I'd still like to punch him in his mouth!

Comment

he sure took a lot of time writing about something he obviously knows nothing about. sounds like a blogger to me.

Comment

Created a yahoo account and will begin spreading pro disc golf propaganda shortly. Might start with an article titled, " why I love disc golf."
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by mcbentz View Post
                    I goggled "disc golf" for a quick link to the PDGA web page and came across this article 3 google selections below. It was written yesterday and absolutely disgusts me! I'm not very Web/Computer savvy and couldn't figure out how to let this asshole have it.

His name is Lance Adkins and he lives somewhere in Washington State

Here is his page-
                    http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/10...ce_adkins.html

Here is HIS article that come up when you google "disc golf"

Tilted- Why I hate disc golf

"I go to the park to enjoy nature in solitude and serenity. I don't go to parks to be bothered by women pushing strollers, out of control dogs or disc golfers. Disc golfers are usually annoying teens. These teens are
                    AdChoices

loud, boisterous, smelly and interrupt my me time with their annoying antics.

I can't understand why people would use a Frisbee for golf. It makes no sense. Frisbees are made to be joyfully tossed between friends or to be hurled violently at passers by. There is no middle ground.

Using an object that can be easily influenced by the wind as a golf ball is folly. Why can't they see this? That's right, they're teens.

They are called "Frisbees" and not "discs!" No one is fooled by this clever play of words. Everyone knows disc golf is basically people throwing Frisbees at metal nets. I don't see the reason to call it disk golf instead of Frisbee golf. Maybe they should just use discuses and call it discus golf. Not only would it make more sense, but it would likely be more fun and dangerous. Both pluses in my book.

Playing Frisbee or golf is more fun than playing disc golf. Disc golf is less fun than the sum of its parts. Its like the inventors took two unrelated fun things and thought it would be a good idea to slap them together, with banal results. I would much rather toss a disc or play a round of golf than waste my time with this nonsensical sport.

Disc golf is boring beyond belief. It is has way too much standing around and watching someone else throw a Frisbee. When I see someone throw a Frisbee, I want to throw one myself. To stand around waiting my turn while someone else throws a Frisbee fills me with rage and ennui. Feelings I don't want to be feeling when discs are present.

It is called Disc golf and not Frisbee golf. This makes no sense! Golf isn't called golf ball golf! And if you're going to add what you're using to the title, you might as well call it Frisbee golf! Or you can just call it what it is: Teens dicking around lamely with Frisbees."

The end-

Am I the only one pissed off that when you goggle "disc golf" this bullshit is near the top for everyone to see?

If this idiot had the nerve to say this to my face I'd bust his right open!

Matt-
                    It might bother me more if it was well-written, factual, interesting, funny, or something that anyone would believe had a shred of credibility. It's basically a blog entry written by an immature moron. Why would you get so upset to the point of talking about punching the guy?

Comment

To stand around waiting my turn while someone else throws a Frisbee fills me with rage and ennui..

Umm,, Unless you have a stack of Frisbees you are throwing to no one, then you have to stand and wait while someone throws it back.. LOL I am sensing a lack of overall intelligence from this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        It might bother me more if it was well-written, factual, interesting, funny, or something that anyone would believe had a shred of credibility. It's basically a blog entry written by an immature moron. Why would you get so upset to the point of talking about punching the guy?
                        Uhmmm.....I had a few too many Ice beers last night! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          Agreed.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbentz View Post
                            Uhmmm.....I had a few too many Ice beers last night! =)
                            I like to get properly lubricated while I post also. The dude that wrote this blog most lead a exciting and interesting life.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                              he sure took a lot of time writing about something he obviously knows nothing about. sounds like a blogger to me.
                              ... and writing poorly about it, too...

...also it bugs me when people throw around the word "hate"... clearly he's not a fan of disc golf, but there's no need to be a hater.

made himself out to be a very uneducated fellow, probably with very few friends and no golf skills. poor boy. i bet he has bad breath, too...

... or maybe he saw me playing one day, thought i was a teen due to my incredibly youthful appearance and decided he'd just have to hate on golf 'cause it would be sooooo embarrassing for him to get schooled by a girl...

jealous much, lance adkins?
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X