Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power is back on but the road is multiply destroyed.

...get your mind of wintertime
    you ain't goin' nowhere...
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

So, how do I get out there to throw things with you on Sunday then?!?!

What are those lazy bastards at the county doing, anyway? We have things to throw, at other things!!
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

No chance but to park on the road and walk in (1/3 mile, mostly uphill). Not great security in the parking lot.

Don't dis our utility and county road guys. They are gods!

On edit: dis CenturyTel all you like. They're bums. Somehow, through dumb luck and years of calls to the state utility commish by yours truly, the phones stayed on (after a fashion).
        Last edited by Ol' Bob; January 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Update, Friday 4:00 PM:

The county has restored as much as a one lane access with a CYA "Road Closed" sign. The ritual throwing of things may, in fact, take place for the first time in calendar year, 2009, any day now. The course hasn't been played since before the legendary snows of last year. It will be sure to be an adventure. I will try to get around to sawing some pass-throughs in logs across trails in the woods.

Comment

Glad to here things are getting better up there. Send us some pics if you can Bob, I'm sure everyone would like to see how the Mudd is looking.

Bob

Comment

Could you hold off the throwing of things until Sunday?

I know I can make it out then, and I may be able to bring another of the 'Nation, maybe two.

Let me know.

(Whether you throw without us earlier or not, I will still see you Sunday morning.)

That is, if SR4 is open to get me that far...
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Used a whole tank of gas in the saw to make it from the 12th tee to hole 16, skipping the new holes for the waning daylight. Many more trees and limbs were down since the last time I'd seen it, a couple of days before the snow ended. Bring a photographer type with you, Zip.

=================

I've been starting to feel guilty for holding your two Sidewinders hostage for so long Bob. Should I send them off in your direction with the Zipster?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post

I've been starting to feel guilty for holding your two Sidewinders hostage for so long Bob. Should I send them off in your direction with the Zipster?

I'm planning to be up soon actually. Being unemployed gives a guy a bit more time.

Bob

Comment

Bob, if you make that trip out there, you'd better let me know! At the very least, you could swing by the garage for a smoke and beverage...

And Bob, the photographer-type said he'd be down for a road trip your direction Sunday morning...

Comment

Between me and my neighbors, you can imagine what the workload is looking like. BTW, the big slide across the creek moved some but didn't come down the way I thought it might. Lots of sandstone broke up and calved off the outside of the monolith, but the major mass only slipped down a little. The road and the creek will tell you that you've spent your "D" ticket and are now in Adventure Land.

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is 'splain why I'm contracting out the photo-journalism duties. I'm going to be taping the playoffs for evening viewing.

Could be the best possible conditions for finding long-lost discs. The snow really did a number on the ferns, canary grass, and blackberries. Got any rubber boots?

Comment

Were you asking about the rubber boots because you need them? If so, what size?

Also, we will be departing Longview at approximately nine. Therefore, we will arrive slightly later than normal.

Comment

So doing the math which I'm not to good at by the way, if Zip and the boys are leaving Longview about 9 and I leave Milwaukie about 8 we should arrive at Club Mudd about the same time. Wife has Chick Flick tomorrow so I just as well have some fun of my own.

Bob

Comment

I'll be wearing rubber boots. I think they make quite a fashion statement and soon, everyone will be wearing them. Mine have been splashed with gray paint for an added touch of self expression.

Comment

Many thanks to Ol' Bob, OTH Bob, Bishop, and Jasonrocksout. Today was the most fun I have had disc golfing in a long time, and probably the most fun I have had in the 2009 calendar year!

Ol' Bob got the first (black) ace at the Mud, already, and also picked up its first birdie of the new year. He also took down the first round at the Mud for the year! To say that the five of us had fun would be an understatement.

We had to cross "Road Closed" signs to make it out to the property, and, damn the water and wind wreaked some havoc. A number of the holes now have alternate or totally different windows from the tees. It was amazingly beautiful, though.

Awesome day, guys. OTH Bob, thanks for making the trip. We would be more than happy to have you join us again!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X