Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is still snowed in. This is getting old.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Tried to venture out to the Mud today, but couldn't make it up there. Ended up at Skyline instead. Bob, let me know when you think I could get the Fukus up there, and we'll see what we can do about tractor chains. Though by the time I can get my car up there, I would figure the chains would be a non-issue.
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Supposed to be over three inches of rain tomorrow. That might melt off the driveways. Flooding will then be the issue. Once I can get out of here, Astoria may be out of reach anyway. Sure could use a town trip.

Comment

Enough is enough of this weather. Pouring down rain last night causing flooding and now I wake up to snow in Milwaulie again. Not a lot of snow but snow none the less. I want to move to Arizona!

Bob

Comment

I ain't sending your Sidewinders to Arizona.

Snow again! Still can't get out of here. Maybe today I can get the driveways open. The sun is almost over the ridge. Sunshine: what a concept!

Comment

Have been working days on snow removal but we're all still snowed in. The NFH (neighbor from hell) cleared her other drive but spun shit out of our new gravel job with her 4X4 Dodge crew-cab. The snow at the bottom steep part is still too high in the center and I'm still not sure I could get the tractor back up if I went down. It snowed about another inch today.

There is a starving doe in my woodshed this evening. She got up when I went out for the day's wood but I started petting her head and talking to her and she lay back down. I don't know why the deer won't eat the hay I put out for them. I gave her a bowl of wheat berries, flax seed, oats, bird seed, and some carrots. She showed no interest in them. Her backbone and ribs are really sticking out. Times are tough for the deer and elk. All the deer are looking pretty bad. We really need a proper thaw.

Comment

Another inch of snow last night.

One of the doe's fawns joined it last night in the woodshed. Both were dead this morning. I think her other fawn was just under the storeroom. I tried to give it some asparagus stalks but it ran off when I tossed them under there. The elk are out looking for food in the daytime now.

I finally got the driveway open enough for a chained up car to make it.

Gimme that old global warming.

Comment

Awww, how sad about the deer!

Hang in there! Hope you get a good thaw soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                    Awww, how sad about the deer!

Hang in there! Hope you get a good thaw soon.
                    Thanks. Pretty bummed. The weather warming up seems to stay a day away. Supposed to be snow showers again tonight. Having the deer on the course here is one of my favorite things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      One of the doe's fawns joined it last night in the woodshed. Both were dead this morning.
                      That is so sad.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      Gimme that old global warming.
                      We all need to embiggen our carbon foot print. Stop recycling, increase energy use, etc.
                      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

These are today's and tomorrow's rainfall maps. They will update for a new today and tomorrow each day, but for now, it's what Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to drip on us. My concern is that while "Above 3.00" is as high as they go, for Wednesday, I'm in the center of the hugest area of that that I can remember seeing. Still lots of snow in the highlands and the temperature is considerably up.

Looks like 'perfect storm' kind'a shit.

Comment

Hazardous Weather Outlook (http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...eather+Outlook)

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
                          NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PORTLAND OR
                          501 AM PST TUE JAN 6 2009

ORZ003>014-WAZ019-020-022-023-039-040-071315-
                          COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON-
                          CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON-LOWER COLUMBIA-
                          GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA-CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY-
                          SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY-WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE-
                          NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS-NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES-
                          CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY-CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY-
                          UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY-SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADES-WILLAPA HILLS-I-
                          5 CORRIDOR IN COWLITZ COUNTY-GREATER VANCOUVER AREA-
                          SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADE FOOTHILLS-
                          501 AM PST TUE JAN 6 2009

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHWEST
                          OREGON AND SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC WEATHER SYSTEMS WILL MOVE THROUGH
                          THE AREA TONIGHT FOR MORE HEAVY RAIN...STRONG WINDS AND
                          POSSIBLE FLOODING. SEE PDXFFAPQR FOR POTENTIAL FLOODING DETAILS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY

A SERIES OF PACIFIC WEATHER SYSTEMS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA
                          WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY FOR MORE HEAVY RAIN...STRONG WINDS AND
                          POSSIBLE FLOODING. SEE PDXESFPQR FOR POTENTIAL FLOODING DETAILS.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER
                          CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.

$$

Flood Watch

FLOOD WATCH
                          NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PORTLAND OR
                          206 PM PST MON JAN 5 2009

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FOR TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE FRIDAY...

.PERIODS OF HEAVY RAIN IN COMBINATION WITH RISING SNOW LEVELS WILL
                          RENEW THE THREAT OF FLOODING ACROSS RIVERS IN SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON
                          AND NORTHWEST OREGON THIS WEEK. THE RAIN WILL INCREASE TONIGHT...
                          THEN CONTINUE AT TIMES INTO THURSDAY. STORM TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS
                          THROUGH THURSDAY COULD REACH 5 TO 10 INCHES IN THE CASCADES AND
                          OVER THE COASTAL MOUNTAINS...WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES AT THE COAST...AND
                          1 TO 3 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS. CURRENT FORECASTS INDICATE THE
                          HEAVIEST AND MOST PROLONGED RAINFALL WILL BE IN SOUTHWEST
                          WASHINGTON...ALONG THE NORTH OREGON COAST AND COAST RANGE...IN
                          THE FAR NORTH OREGON CASCADES...AND THE INTERIOR VALLEYS FROM
                          AROUND PORTLAND NORTH. SNOW LEVELS WILL BE RISING TO AROUND 8000
                          FEET TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...FINALLY FALLING TO NEAR PASS
                          ELEVATIONS IN THE CASCADES AS A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THURSDAY.

ORZ001>014-WAZ019>023-039-040-062300-
                          /O.NEW.KPQR.FA.A.0001.090107T0600Z-090110T0200Z/
                          /00000.0.RS.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z. OO/
                          NORTH OREGON COAST-CENTRAL OREGON COAST-
                          COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON-
                          CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON-LOWER COLUMBIA-
                          GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA-CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY-
                          SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY-WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE-
                          NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS-NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES-
                          CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY-CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY-
                          UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY-SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADES-WILLAPA HILLS-
                          SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST-I-5 CORRIDOR IN COWLITZ COUNTY-
                          GREATER VANCOUVER AREA-SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADE FOOTHILLS-
                          INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASTORIA...CANNON BEACH...TILLAMOOK...
                          LINCOLN CITY...NEWPORT...FLORENCE...VERNONIA...JEWELL...TR ASK...
                          GRANDE RONDE...TIDEWATER...SWISSHOME...ST. HELENS...CLATSKANIE...
                          HILLSBORO...PORTLAND...OREGON CITY...GRESHAM...SALEM...
                          MCMINNVILLE...DALLAS...EUGENE...CORVALLIS...ALBANY ...HOOD RIVER...
                          CASCADE LOCKS...MULTNOMAH FALLS...SANDY...
                          SILVER FALLS STATE PARK...SWEET HOME...GOVERNMENT CAMP...
                          DETROIT...SANTIAM PASS...VIDA...LOWELL...COTTAGE GROVE...
                          MCKENZIE BRIDGE...OAKRIDGE...WILLAMETTE PASS...PARKDALE...ODELL...
                          COLDWATER RIDGE VISITORS CENTER...MOUNT ST. HELENS...FRANCES...
                          RYDERWOOD...RAYMOND...LONG BEACH...CATHLAMET...LONGVIEW...KELSO...
                          CASTLE ROCK...STEVENSON...SKAMANIA...VANCOUVER...BATTLE GROUND...
                          WASHOUGAL...TOUTLE...ARIEL...COUGAR
                          206 PM PST MON JAN 5 2009

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY
                          AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PORTLAND HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHWEST OREGON AND SOUTHWEST
                          WASHINGTON...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...IN NORTHWEST
                          OREGON...CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY...CASCADES IN LANE
                          COUNTY...CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON...CENTRAL
                          OREGON COAST...CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY...COAST RANGE OF
                          NORTHWEST OREGON...GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA...LOWER
                          COLUMBIA...NORTH OREGON COAST...NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE
                          FOOTHILLS...NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES...SOUTH WILLAMETTE
                          VALLEY...UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY AND WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER
                          GORGE. IN SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON...GREATER VANCOUVER AREA...I-5
                          CORRIDOR IN COWLITZ COUNTY...SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADE
                          FOOTHILLS...SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADES...SOUTH WASHINGTON
                          COAST...WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE AND WILLAPA HILLS.

* FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON

* A PERIOD OF PROLONGED RAINFALL IN COMBINATION WITH RISING SNOW
                          LEVELS IS EXPECTED BEGINNING TONIGHT AND CONTINUING INTO
                          THURSDAY AS WAVES OF MOISTURE RIDE INTO SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON AND
                          NORTHWEST OREGON. A COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH THURSDAY WILL
                          BRING THE END TO THE PERIOD OF HEAVY PRECIPITATION. THE HEAVIEST
                          RAINFALL IS EXPECTED TO BE ACROSS SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON...ALONG
                          THE COAST FROM ABOUT TILLAMOOK NORTH...AND INLAND FROM AROUND
                          THE PORTLAND AREA NORTH. SNOW MELT AND HIGH RIVER FLOWS LEFT
                          OVER FROM THE NEW YEARS DAY FLOOD WILL EXACERBATE THE FLOODING
                          POTENTIAL...AND EVEN A FEW RIVERS SOUTH OF PORTLAND COULD BE AT
                          RISK.

* RIVERS OF MOST CONCERN FOR FLOODING INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
                          COASTAL RIVERS...THE NEHALEM...WILLAPA...NASELLE...WILSON...
                          TRASK...GRAYS...NESTUCCA AND SILETZ. INLAND RIVERS INCLUDE...
                          THE COWLITZ...LEWIS...JOHNSON CREEK...MARYS...LUCKIAMUTE...
                          SOUTH YAMHILL...CLACKAMAS...MOLALLA...TUALATIN...PUDDING ...
                          SANDY...SANTIAM...AND THE HOOD RIVER. THE MAINSTEM WILLAMETTE
                          IS EXPECTED TO SEE SIGNIFICANT RISES...AND MAY APPROACH FLOOD
                          STAGE IN SOME LOCATIONS.

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON
                          CURRENT FORECASTS.

LANDSLIDES AND DEBRIS FLOWS ARE POSSIBLE DURING THIS FLOOD EVENT.
                          PEOPLE...STRUCTURES AND ROADS LOCATED BELOW STEEP SLOPES...IN
                          CANYONS AND NEAR THE MOUTHS OF CANYONS MAY BE AT SERIOUS RISK
                          FROM RAPIDLY MOVING LANDSLIDES.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE
                          FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE
                          PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

THE NEXT UPDATE FOR THIS WATCH WILL BE ISSUED BY 3 PM TUESDAY.

$$

FOR ADDITIONAL WEATHER INFORMATION...VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT
                          WWW.WEATHER.GOV/PORTLAND

Comment

The question is, what does five inches of rain do to Club Mud?
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Well, today has not produced the numbers yet. The kinds of amounts they're talking about probably means we're cut off by high water and washouts. I posted that stuff more with the region in mind. The ten day forecast shows some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm ready for a break from weather hassles.

Comment

Road and power out for up to three days is estimate. Still have phone service, hence this update. They say the heaviest rain is still to come.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X