X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Does anyone know if we're reaching a point where we should start worrying about our roofs? There's already almost two inches of water sitting up there...
    I think if you have a decent pitch to your roof you should be ok. If you have a flatter roof you might be concerned. A patio roof that is fiberglass with not too much pitch you should be worried. I'm a little concerned about my camp trailer with a flat roof but the house has a good pitch and with the heat on it's melting pretty well right now. The biggest accumulation should be over and it should start to get better from here. We will be playiing disc golf by end of the weekend.

Bob

Comment

Once it started snowing I stocked up on supplies. Fortunately I live next door to a grocery store with a starbucks inside. peppermint mocha latte -> I got some magazines to read from the store.

Tri-Met canceled bus service on my street - they call it a snow route. If it were running, I'd like to go somewhere.

Haven't lost power because the power lines are buried here. I go out every day to scrape ice/snow off my car mostly for something to do and to be ready when I might be able to drive. I'd love to go driving anywhere. Wish I could play disc golf. Last time I got to play was on Dec 6th at the Grand Lodge after Jimbo's wedding.

Netflix and the postal service = awesome. I'd like to go out to see a movie on Wed. There are a couple good ones coming out on that day. One movie shares the same name as one of my favorite divers.
      Last edited by Jet; December 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM.
      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
        Netflix and the postal service = awesome.
        I was hoping for the same thing, but the postal service hasn't delivered to my house in three days. Rain, sleet, snow, hail my ass. :P
        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
          I was hoping for the same thing, but the postal service hasn't delivered to my house in three days. Rain, sleet, snow, hail my ass. :P
          where do you live?

Comment

I live 3 blocks from a post office on flat ground, but they still haven't delivered mail here all week. I walked over yesterday to pick up my new quads from the post office. It was like a 10 min round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              None of us have worked ourselves up to the snow round we talk about each day.
              Taping several feet of narrow ribbon onto the bottom center of the disc with good packing tape while it is dry and warm works really well for making it possible to find your disc under snow. Worked much better than the chalk powder.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

It never ends. Power has stayed on but 7 more inches in this dump. Sounds like a war zone out there with the trees breaking everywhere. I was cutting big limbs off the neighbor's drive when I heard a loud snap over the noise of the chainsaw and I just started running for it. A big cedar limb and the several alder limbs it took with it landed right where I had been standing. I've been clearing roofs for the past two hours so the snow is not there to soak up rain and get three times as heavy. The old garage that was the OB on seventeen is no more. Flat as a pancake. The open greens baskets are up their bottoms in snow now. I saw a big fir limb come down right near the 12th tee today. The tall fir to the right of the 13th tee outhouse had a limb break up high and rip out about six or eight more on the way down. I know I'm forgetting some things. Just got the word that the neighbor with the Jeep is stuck again. See yas.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  It never ends. Power has stayed on but 7 more inches in this dump. Sounds like a war zone out there with the trees breaking everywhere. I was cutting big limbs off the neighbor's drive when I heard a loud snap over the noise of the chainsaw and I just started running for it. A big cedar limb and the several alder limbs it took with it landed right where I had been standing. I've been clearing roofs for the past two hours so the snow is not there to soak up rain and get three times as heavy. The old garage that was the OB on seventeen is no more. Flat as a pancake. The open greens baskets are up their bottoms in snow now. I saw a big fir limb come down right near the 12th tee today. The tall fir to the right of the 13th tee outhouse had a limb break up high and rip out about six or eight more on the way down. I know I'm forgetting some things. Just got the word that the neighbor with the Jeep is stuck again. See yas.
                  That's ruff Ol' Bob. Watch out of the falling tree limbs - maybe it should be declared a hard hat only area.

Comment

I just dug the car out with a TeeBird. Couldn't have done that had I chosen Bowling or Darts as a hobby...
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

My wife and I left for PDX at 5am on Saturday headed for Reno. The de-icing trucks for our airline were broken and we were delayed 5 hours. We ended up leaving on the last plane before they canceled the rest. Our return trip was scheduled for 1pm on Monday, but then ALL flights on our airline were canceled and the next available flights were not until the 25th. Her and I, her dad, and three brothers rented a van and headed for P-town. We left at 3pm chained and unchained over both passes. When we hit 217 we stopped for the mandatory chain up at 5am. We blew out a tire when her brother drove over a set of chains left in the road. Being a rented 2008 van we were all trying to find the tire. Once we found it (under the van) we couldn't figure out how to pry it from the undercarriage. I finally spotted the top of the bolt under the carpet
                      and we got the tire changed. Finally got home at 7am for rippers and sleepy poo.

I got a gift card from Scheel's from my wife's grandmother. It is the hugest sports store I've ever seen. There is a plane and a ferris wheel IN the store. I got two first run Boss's, and SWEET KEEN shoes/sandals. We've been having fun at home with the new WII (got a forehand ACE on Beach Sports Disc Golf today) we're going to a Christmas Carol and Harborside McCormick's tonight and pretty stocked up on supplies so it turned out alright.
                      It also seems to have been a brilliant idea to take this week off of work considering I can see all of my co-workers busting ass in the snow! REVENGE!!!
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        My wife and I left for PDX at 5am on Saturday headed for Reno. The de-icing trucks for our airline were broken and we were delayed 5 hours. We ended up leaving on the last plane before they canceled the rest. Our return trip was scheduled for 1pm on Monday, but then ALL flights on our airline were canceled and the next available flights were not until the 25th. Her and I, her dad, and three brothers rented a van and headed for P-town. We left at 3pm chained and unchained over both passes. When we hit 217 we stopped for the mandatory chain up at 5am. We blew out a tire when her brother drove over a set of chains left in the road. Being a rented 2008 van we were all trying to find the tire. Once we found it (under the van) we couldn't figure out how to pry it from the undercarriage. I finally spotted the top of the bolt under the carpet
                        and we got the tire changed. Finally got home at 7am for rippers and sleepy poo.

I got a gift card from Scheel's from my wife's grandmother. It is the hugest sports store I've ever seen. There is a plane and a ferris wheel IN the store. I got two first run Boss's, and SWEET KEEN shoes/sandals. We've been having fun at home with the new WII (got a forehand ACE on Beach Sports Disc Golf today) we're going to a Christmas Carol and Harborside McCormick's tonight and pretty stocked up on supplies so it turned out alright.
                        It also seems to have been a brilliant idea to take this week off of work considering I can see all of my co-workers busting ass in the snow! REVENGE!!!
                        Wow! What a memorble week Patrick. Don't forget in the spirit of Christmas giving that a nice first run Boss would look good in an Over the Hill old mans xmas stocking. Stay warm and enjoy the rest of the holidays.

Bob

Comment

Oh shit, looks like we're having a white Christmas. Five more inches on top of it all and a big wet-flake white-out going on at the moment. So many trees down and branches broken already. One of my fabric shed roofs has failed. Power finally started screwing up last evening. We had repeated but fairly short outages. Fletch had to cut two dangerous fallen alders to get everybody back into L. Mud last night. Ho ho ho.

Ya know whut? I bet that stupid Bing Crosby song had so many people wanting it to snow for Christmas that the God (or any of Its many aliases) decided to quash that astral noise once and for all by giving them all what they wished for in spades!
                          Last edited by Ol' Bob; December 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Seven inches and still a white-out. Breaking trees and limbs is a continuous racket now. Very weird outside.

Comment

What is the update as to the status of things at The Mud? Holidays have been hectic, but I have been at least trying to keep up on things via the forum. Hope all is well, sir, and look forward to an update.
                              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Wrack and ruin. An apple tree busted on the 2nd tee. The 9th hole is now open to a righty hyzer and closed to the lefty shot. The 12th tee has big branches on it and 13 trough 15 are littered with broken alders. The alders are typically small to medium and broken into splinters ten to twenty feet off the ground. Haven't been down to my land at the bottom of the hill to look that over.

Still nobody's car up here can get out, and certainly not back in if we did. I tried to get the tractor the 50 feet to the fuel tank this morning and failed. The best I could do was get it backed back into the shed. Food is not too exciting these days. Need to get to town and get some chains that will fit the tractor. Tire size: 15-19.5 NHS.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X