I got my putt back!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got my putt back!!

    So for awhile now my putting has been craptacular at best. I have gone out with friends for instruction, taken photos to analyze, video too. Nothing seemed to work. Then this weekend while playing at shelton (+2 by the way) my back went out while picking up a putter. I thought, well there goes my game. Not so!! Ya ok so I have lost about 50 feet to my drives, but not being able to move my lower body at all realy got my putting on target BIG TIME!! I hit atleast 8 40ft putts and a 65 footer!! I now stand mostly sideways to the basket, using my right shoulder to aim, keeping bolth feet FIRMLY planted (no tippy-toes) and slam!!! At first I thought it was a fluke, but today I was able to hit some seriously stinky putts!! Normaly I would miss but not now!! Man I am so energized by this finding, even the normal peeps I play with are like wtf?? you dont putt like that!! Guess what I do now! I'm just gona keep with how I'm putting and see how far I can go with it. Played white river, red pads and finished 6 under
    I didnt miss a single putt!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

  • #2
    I hope you realize that by posting that you have your putting back and don't miss any, you have just screwed your game again. You should always keep this to yourself and never mention something like this out loud. The karma gods just put a new spin on your discs and you may have to start over again with a new putting routine.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know from experience the results from posting about my game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Rule #1 You don't talk about putt club

      Rule #2 YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT PUTT CLUB...
      educate your thinking

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JMan View Post
        Rule #1 You don't talk about putt club

        Rule #2 YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT PUTT CLUB...
        OOPS!!
        Na I'm good with it. Oddly enough my old golfing buddy said "told ya". He's been on my butt for atleast a year. Dude your thinking about it waaaaay to much. Just toss the putter in the basket and get on with it!
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

        Comment


        • #5
          There have been several times that I thought my putting was "back". It always ends up leaving uncerimoniously in the middle of a round.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JMan View Post
            Rule #1 You don't talk about putt club

            Rule #2 YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT PUTT CLUB...
            Love it JMan~ What Club?

            Comment


            • #7
              I slept funny one night before the Riverside Open. I woke up and I could not turn my head to the right.. I throw RBH which made for a real problem.. I was all over the course. Riverside has lots of birdie holes but not when you miss every line by 8 feet. I finished 3rd from last and played my 2nd and 3rd rounds on the bottom card. I made every putt except for 2 putts inside of 80ft! Everybody on my card wanted to be my doubles partner! It was an excrutiating way to play awesome. I was hitting 60-80footers to save par and bogeys the whole weekend. twas crazy!
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I actually thought about posting in the lost and found section. The heading would've read something like "Putt lost. Reward if returned."

                Seriously, it's a great feeling when you finally start getting everything to click. I lost and found many putts before I found my final putting style. Now I know if I stick to it, it's in the basket. At least if I drive right next to the basket that is .
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  I hope you realize that by posting that you have your putting back and don't miss any, you have just screwed your game again. You should always keep this to yourself and never mention something like this out loud. The karma gods just put a new spin on your discs and you may have to start over again with a new putting routine.

                  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know from experience the results from posting about my game.
                  Why do you always have to be such a 'putz'?
                  "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                    Why do you always have to be such a 'putz'?
                    Micahel,
                    I used "sarcastic font" for that reply. However I don't think you were able to notice it because you are out on the east coast where sarcastic font is the baseline font.

                    sincerely (sarcastic font),
                    Brian

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ya I figured it out. If I face the basket directly I miss. If I turn my right side towards the basket, bam!
                      However the stradle putt stil confuses me...
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                        Ya I figured it out. If I face the basket directly I miss. If I turn my right side towards the basket, bam!
                        However the stradle putt stil confuses me...
                        With the straddle putt, you're just bringing your arm up in a direct line with the basket and releasing just as if you were shaking hands with the basket. The simple act of opening your grip on the disc combined with the gentle push from your palm will give the disc just enough spin and send it right to the chains. Start from 10' to get the hang of it. At that range, you're going for center chains, but as you employ the same technique farther out, you might find the need to put a bit more height on it and let it fade in, but this will usually leave you close to the basket if you miss. It's a good putt to know when you have to 'straddle' out from behind an obstacle.
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Burge View Post
                          With the straddle putt, you're just bringing your arm up in a direct line with the basket and releasing just as if you were shaking hands with the basket. The simple act of opening your grip on the disc combined with the gentle push from your palm will give the disc just enough spin and send it right to the chains. Start from 10' to get the hang of it. At that range, you're going for center chains, but as you employ the same technique farther out, you might find the need to put a bit more height on it and let it fade in, but this will usually leave you close to the basket if you miss. It's a good putt to know when you have to 'straddle' out from behind an obstacle.
                          Straddle putts are a wonderful creation. It's my go to putt if I have any issues with an obstacle. With that being said, I would recommend that everyone have a few putting styles in the bag. My go to putt is a push putt. My straddle is a push putt but I can get more on it so if I don't feel like putt jumping or there is an obstacle, I will switch to that. Spin putts are my weakness and I have a desperate need to work on them. Push putts are hard enough without wind, they become a trial in frustration in the wind. I also have a decent side arm putt for the occasional "how the hell did that get in the basket from there?" type situation. NO TURBOS! That putt has never worked for me and will never work for me. Probably operator error.
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

                          Comment

                          Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X